General Interest

Ebook titles and metadata with a custom cover

If you don’t use the Author and Title field in the cover of the book because you made a custom cover, your book uploads with blank fields for author and title in the metadata. When you go to download your ebook, it comes up as "untitled" by "(blank)" and you obviously don’t want to put it on iTunes like that.

I came up with a quick and dirty solution — if you fill the fields with the title and author text you want and then set their font size to 1 point, and the text color to something similar to your cover, it’s pretty much impossible to see. Your book uploads with the proper metadata in the ebook file, and no one is the wiser.

I think this is a passable solution until Blurb gives us the ability to manually enter metadata. Hope this saves someone the frustration I had :)

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
goodbyewren
Nov 9, 2011 7:30am PDT
goodbyewren

thank you gbw – i am pretty much a techno peasant but going to give it a try.  Wendy

Posted by
wendytaggart
Nov 16, 2011 1:44pm PDT
wendytaggart

Erm, what is meta data please? I have just comverted to I books, and I have no idea what you mean, and which fields I use. It does show up on Blurb with a title, and tho there is a glitch at the moment and I cant download, the practise version downloaded with a title on the book. Could you have a look for me if you have the time please? My books are called Hopes, Dreams & Medals, and Fire and Ice, and my author name is Loretta Livingstone. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Posted by
poetloretta
Jul 3, 2012 4:01am PDT
poetloretta