General Interest

Book Looks Fantastic. Thank you Blurb for such a great job

Im giving my friends a photo book of their wedding as a present and it looks so great. I couldnt be happier! Thanks for the great service blurb. Im one happy customer :D

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
lee23joseph
Nov 7, 2007 12:11am PDT
lee23joseph

Thank you for the great feedback. We love to hear from our happy customers.

Keep the good stuff coming.

Thanks!

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Dec 5, 2007 5:38pm PDT
kathybad

Could not agree more. Blurb has helped me organize my thoughts, arrange my images in such a way they come out as a "whole" not just a series of photographs. So far no glitzes, quality is as good as it gets. I will be using booksmart for many more books to come: not cheap but it’s convenient , allows to apply personal style, have us present  our work in a pro way without having to have endless discussions with printers, share online and is relatively quick

my first test book arrived and made me want to make a second , more serious attempt to "tell a story" in images

Only reason the first one wasn’t that great is because I did a sloppy lay outing job – can not expect blurb to solve this for me:). Overall the test version still came out better than expected

Can’t wait to the 20 copies of  my second book  which I am sure will turn out great and will make the perfect xmas present for friends who share the same passion and who forced me to make an effort to "finally do something" with my work

thank you

2 requests though

The functionalities i am really looking for is

- to be able to share the book in process on line and have others work on it. (to improve lay out, change fonts  etc). Any chance of this in the future?

- choice of 15, 20, 25 , 30 etc preview pages in pdf as my first 15 pages are not really representative of the complete book experience (starting off with B and W, then gradually going into vibrant coloured pages)

- a canned electronic version of book that can be sent (the .book extension is one that can not be used by many)

Posted by
naftalina007
Dec 13, 2007 2:56am PDT
naftalina007

Hi naftalina007,

Thanks for the nice post. It’s nice to hear that we’re helping people organize their thoughts. Now, if Blurb could just help me organize my closet, I’d be ecstatic. ; )

Your suggestions are definitely ones that others have requested. I will make sure our BookSmart crew sees them.

As you can imagine we have a long list of feature requests and while we can’t implement them all at once, some show up quickly in new releases of BookSmart. As alway, stay tuned.

Thanks again,

Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Dec 13, 2007 11:10am PDT
kathybad

if you add a feature to blurb that automatically tidies up cupboards when ordering a new book, I’ll be your customer for life:)

Posted by
naftalina007
Dec 13, 2007 1:46pm PDT
naftalina007

More preview pages would be a big plus. I concur :-)

Posted by
risamay
Jan 2, 2008 10:46pm PDT
risamay