General Interest

UK MEMBERS

So I ordered my book and then found out we in the UK can’t enrol to sell our hard earned acheivments…...

Any projection as to when…...........

Also, received an invitation via email if I order book before 20th November and gave a code I would  not be charged shipping costs….It was inpossible to confirm order until I deleted code. I take it this concession is only for my USA Cousins.

Maybe its me, but I think Blurb is being a ‘wee’ bit  evasive with there instructions to oversees members.

would appreciate any views on this subject and would like to hear from European members who have experienced similar problems

Any chance of a view from Blurb Management…...  

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MCLEISH
Nov 9, 2007 2:47pm PDT
MCLEISH

Mcleish, My coupon stated you have to change the currency to $ to be effective. You get a $7 credit for postage. Did you do that?

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 9, 2007 2:59pm PDT
lcarreira

No I didnt….but hey!  can they not be a bit more explicit to UK Customers…..

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by
MCLEISH
Nov 9, 2007 3:06pm PDT
MCLEISH

Hi,

At the bottom of all offers we include promotion code information that explains the need to convert to USD, plus  we add similar language to the promo code page as you checkout.

Would love to hear from you how we can do a better job of this. We most assuredly aim to  give all customers – U.S. and International – an intuitive ordering experience.

Also, for the latest on our International Set Your Price program, please check out all the threads discussing this and then jump into the conversation.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 12, 2007 11:54am PDT
kathybad

Kathy

you and your staff do a wonderful job but I dont thonk you took into consideration the needs of overseas customers…....

I didnt see all you say I should have with regards the offer of free p&p maybe I was too exited at getting my first book published. Anyway why should I revert to US $ when you were quite happy to take my UK £ when I purchased my first book….....

A Scottish friend.

Posted by
MCLEISH
Nov 13, 2007 6:27pm PDT
MCLEISH

Hi Blurb

Well I agree I put the code in having doubled my order to take advantage of the holidayfs code offer. Well living in England it did not apply, sadly I do not trust conversion to the USD as it is so volatile and how can I count on its weakness?? Well $7 discount is worth Sweet FA in England so I am paying the full cost in £ss Am I happy? No not really, but hey who cares Blurb do provide a good service so will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Anyway I am not bothered if the yanks get a discount and the rest of us don’t who want to have a sinking currency any way?? As far as I am concerned the code holiday had fs at the end I wonder what fs could stand for?? Lol 

Shed 

Posted by
shed8b
Nov 14, 2007 7:19am PDT
shed8b

If you live in the UK and order a product from what is essentially a US company, you are doing very well indeed at the moment, given the exchange rate and the fact that it is unlikely you are being charged import tax and VAT. The information re selling ones books seems perfectly clear to me, as does the fact that shipping offers are only for US based customers.

My only query is…. what on earth is an "intuitive ordering experience" ?

Have a Good Day

Posted by
peterkirchem
Nov 28, 2007 4:51pm PDT
peterkirchem

Hey there I managed t get my reduced shipping (to Ireland). Ir pretty much tells you how to do it , when you try to redeem the voucher. I don’t see what the origianl poster’s problem is (other than a touch of myopia)

:() 

Posted by
roundheel
Dec 3, 2007 3:06pm PDT
roundheel