General Interest

Apple iBookstore, sigh...

Well there I was, ready to create the eBook version of my book. Blurb still wasn’t ready with the option to put it on the iBookstore, so I decided to give it a try myself. I downloaded the eBook version of Under MKE from Blurb, tested it out and man, does it look nice!

Okay, so I sign up for the iBookstore using iTunesconnect. I download all of Apple’s guidance material and take a few days to be sure that I’m meeting the requirements. All is well and I upload the book. Eight weeks later the book is "approved" without any tickets or questions. So I load it up and hey, almost all of the text is gone. The little remaining text has been shoved way over to the side. It’s just a disaster. So I take it down and write a question to Apple. The response ignored everything I had asked and was simply an FAQ document about publishing.

Really disappointing. Glad Blurb is able to do it right. Hopefully they’ll allow me to submit it to Apple via Blurb soon.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Allerian
Apr 1, 2012 2:34pm PDT
Allerian

I also hope that the iBookstore option will be available again via Blurb soon!

Posted by
lozan365
May 1, 2012 4:00pm PDT
lozan365

It’s something that we’re working on. We want it to work really right, so we’ve had to take it down and tinker with it a bit. Stay tuned for updates though.

Posted by
kenthall
May 4, 2012 11:26am PDT
kenthall Icon_staff