General Interest

How many views, sales and staff picks have you received?

Hi everyone!

Firstly I’m really excited to have published my first book, nearly a week ago, to the blurb bookstore: "All the Love in The World"

I’ve been wondering how many views people receive on their books. Also how many copies have been sold. Also who out there has made it to the staff picks?? Will be interested to hear :) 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
quitefat
Apr 8, 2012 6:09am PDT
quitefat

I have published three books, the oldest dating from Nov 2009.

I have a minimum of 20 views each week and had nearly 60 in one week in February from the data available. I know from experience having more than 100 views a day. I have external websites (blog/FB page etc) which I think drives most of these views.

I have had one sale. I think casual buyers find Blurb’s pricing is too prohibitive. I would like to print a batch of one title to sell in a Tourist Info Centre, but the price I’d have to sell it to see one penny of profit would probably mean none of them would be sold.

Good luck with your book. I recommend limiting the preview to a selection of your best photos, not the entire book. I feel strongly about this because in today’s digital age people are content tapping on a screen instead of flipping through a book. Fewer people are buying books these days, so don’t give the contents of your book away even if it is ‘just’ a digital preview.

Posted by
jayhawk2000
Apr 19, 2012 11:39am PDT
jayhawk2000

That is great feedback jayhawk! Good to hear you’ve had a sale and plenty of views :)

I hope you can work out a way to sell your book in a Tourist info centre. Maybe when there is a really good blurb coupon, that becomes available you could do a bulb order :)

Point taken about the preview. i will change my option now.

Cheers

Posted by
quitefat
May 11, 2012 8:43pm PDT
quitefat

Hi, I published my book, a novel, back in July 2011.

Sorry to say, but you have to direct people to your book. Blurb does not do this for you. You can do this by email invite, twitter, facebook, – I even printed out business cards to hand put personally.

All of my sales are to people I know – family, friends etc – even then some friends who said they were going to buy never did.  I recently got onto twitter and had the link to my book in my twitter profile – my blurb "views" skyrocketed, but alas no sales. (and my book is only $10 + shipping) or ebook for $6. 

It’s hard to sell your book for $18 (including shipping) or $6 for ipad ebook when people are paying $1 for kindle versions of novels.

At least from my experience, there have been no sales from strangers who randomly stumbled across my book in the blurb bookstore.

Posted by
CoburnBooks
May 16, 2012 1:59pm PDT
CoburnBooks