General Interest

How do I find my eBooks in the iBookstore?

I checked the box to sell my book, http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/3227466 but I can’t find it with iBooks. And now, when I go to the selling pane, there is no mention of the iBookstore. I don’t understand this. Please let me know what I need to do to have my book show up in the iBookStore & tell me how to find it. Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jakerome
May 17, 2012 10:19am PDT
jakerome

Checking that box makes your ebook available for sale through the Blurb Bookstore, not Apple’s store, my understanding is that there is not currently a direct link from Blurb to Apple’s store.

Do a search of the forums for iBookstore and you’ll find a number of threads on this topic that will go into more detail than I can.

…..Tony.

Posted by
tfrankland
May 17, 2012 11:58am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks Tony. I guess I’m confused because there was a specific option for selling on Apple’s iBookstore, and there’s even a several column in the sales chart for it.

Reading a couple of those threads, sounds like the iBookstore thing is a mystery to many, and not really effective. Which kind of fits in with Blurb’s whole eBook strategy. 2 years after the iPad, you’d think Blurb would’ve done something decent. 

Just color me disappointd with the whole eBook initiative. The formatting for the eBook is a bit of a joke (don’t get me started), it works even more poorly on non-iPad eBook readers, and the supposed iBookstore integration is apparent mythical. 

I am trying to raise a little extra money with the eBook option, but truth is the product is so substandard that I almost feel bad charging for it. It’s simply not a good product. Hope Blurb makes this a priority and puts out something awesome, not a product that simply allows Blurb Inc. to check a box.

Posted by
jakerome
May 17, 2012 3:00pm PDT
jakerome