General Interest

Book Creator Plug-In Crashes InDesign 5.5

I’ve had and used InDesign 5.5 with no problems before installing the plug-in.  Also previously had InDesign 5 without plug-in.  Downloaded and installed plug-in yesterday, and there were no indications of problems with the installation.  But when I try to create a book using the plug-in, InDesign crashes and each time.  Crash occurs right after I’ve entered all the dialog items, then click  it crashes ID at the point right after entering all the dialogs and clicked the "Create Pages Template" button. 

I uninstalled plug-in twice and downloaded again each time to be sure I had correct version. 

Any help on this issue would be helpful.

Thanks.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jsmith1642
Nov 23, 2012 5:59pm PDT
jsmith1642

How did you uninstalled the plug-in? I had the same problem and now my indesign continuously crashes.

Posted by
io_kleo
Feb 27, 2013 3:42pm PDT
io_kleo

I’ve had the same problem with indesign Cs4. Was working fine before, designing my very first book & using blurb for the first time. Spent nearly two weeks getting it right & now the plugin has made it crash time and time again. Sort it out Blurb as you’re losing business and its pissing me right off!

Posted by
mackyboy
Apr 2, 2013 10:37am PDT
mackyboy

Hi mackyboy,

The plug-in works fine for us here in the office and for the thousands of users uploading files, so this may be a problem specific to your machine. Please contact us at support.blurb.com for more help.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 2, 2013 10:42am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Well I don’t know whats hapening but I’ve been using my indesign for years with no problem then I downloaded the creator and it seemed to be working fine until I tried to create a PDF then the software crashed and does os every time. Now my indesign won’t work properly even without me using the blurb template.

Posted by
mackyboy
Apr 2, 2013 10:55am PDT
mackyboy

same issue here. after I hit Create Pages Template, it tells me "A row in the Book Sizes table file, “BookSizes.txt” does not contain the enough fields and script must quit." then i hit ok, and it crashes each time, no way to proceed. any answers for this?

I use indesign 5.5 on mac os x mountain lion.

thanks.

Posted by
ysodeoka
Dec 18, 2013 10:23am PDT
ysodeoka