General Interest

How to Preview for Client

Hello, I just finished designing an album for a client using Booksmart and the loved the ease and the options.

Ok, I’m ready to show a preview to my client to get the green light to order.

How do I print a PDF to email them.   I was only able to export a "bookexport" file and don’t think that’s a good idea to send my client.  First off, the file is huge, then they would have to download booksmart, then it would allow them to edit my work.

Can I PDF the album?   What’s the best way to do this?   This is an important feature for professionals!  (I don’t want to pay for and discard a book if my client does not like it, or some photo in it…)

Thank you!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
paularoids
Feb 28, 2013 9:02am PDT
paularoids

I opened up the pdf file, and took screenshots of the pages, then printed them out, but of couse you could just send them screenshots.

Posted by
rib9462
Mar 1, 2013 4:05am PDT
rib9462

If you install a PDF writer that "pretends" to be a printer you can use the File….Print command in BookSmart to create a PDF file.

The obvious one is Adobe’s Acrobat but that is not cheap, though you can download a trial version that will last one month. I, and some of the other users in the forums, use CutePDF which is free. A search of the forums for cutePDF will throw up some threads where users discuss their experiences and give tips.

BookSmart’s File….Print option puts a watermark on each page but it is fairly feint and would not get in the way of previewing the book.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 1, 2013 5:23am PDT
tfrankland