General Interest

Got my book

Brilliant, what a surprise I got when opening the package…..More than I expected.

We in this forum tend to give negative responces to our bad experiences.  I accept this…but  I would ask members to submit postive comments when they are happy with the result of their hard earned endeavours…...

I was over the moon with the printed first copy of my first attempt with Blurb.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MCLEISH
Dec 2, 2007 2:56pm PDT
MCLEISH

Yes, mine came three days ago, and I was equally pleased.  BUT, the local humidity (in Florida) is causing the cover of my 7×7 paperback to curl and assume the shape of a TP roll.  Apparently the glossy outside and matte inside don’t absorb at the same rate. This looks like a problem.   Anybody else had this?

Posted by
Booktguy
Dec 2, 2007 6:00pm PDT
Booktguy

I’ve now ordered and received books three times. It was the same book, but revised a bit. I have been very pleased with Blurb. My book is a soft cover 7×7, and have had no problems with the covers or binding. Maybe it’s the dry air up here in Minnesota!

Posted by
kvstar99
Dec 3, 2007 8:10am PDT
kvstar99

Not always “dry air” in Minnesota. Minnesota is a 4 seasons year around and yes, of course, Minnesota can be very miserable HOT and humid during summer season. I used to live in Twin Cities in the past. ;)

Posted by
brianbonitz
Dec 3, 2007 9:21pm PDT
brianbonitz