General Interest

Curled Covers

Curled Covers are a problem on softcover books.  Enter "curl" into the Forum Search and you will see.  Blurb acknowledges the problem, but still needs to deal with it.  My current blurb "case number" is 071203-000119

My book is unusable.  I was induced by Blurb ads ("Bookstore Quality") to expend hours and hours putting together a book I can’t use.

Here is what it looks like:

<sub>guyspencer/CURL.html”>http://home.comcast.net/</sub>guyspencer/CURL.html

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Booktguy
Dec 4, 2007 5:45am PDT
Booktguy

Well, that last line is supposed to be a URL, but somehow the Forum disguised it.  Let’s try again: There is no "www"  Instead, enter "home.comcast.net/~guyspencer/CURL.html" 

Good luck!

Posted by
Booktguy
Dec 4, 2007 5:50am PDT
Booktguy

Bookguy,

Have you contacted customer support?  If not, you should.  A further forum search also reveals that Blurb will do all it reasonably can to make you happy.

Posted by
yonosey
Dec 4, 2007 9:18am PDT
yonosey

Hello Booktguy;

Wow – that’s bad!

I second what Yonosey says… File a complaint with Blurb. Here’s the link to do so;

http://www.blurb.com/help/order_support

In my experience Blurb WILL resolve this for you…

I see from a Forum search that this is a known problem that Blurb are supposedly working to resolve… Looks like they need to do so a.s.a.p. !!!

Good luck;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Dec 4, 2007 9:24am PDT
lkb-28

I tired a couple of paper back books as well and would never order them again due to the curled covers (and mine were not nearly as severe).

I highly endorse the hardcover books however as they have a much more professional look to them.

Again, try the support option and the next ones might not be quite as bad, but consider upgrading to hard if they give you the option.

Dale 

Posted by
dwags
Dec 4, 2007 1:22pm PDT
dwags

I asked for a refund, and while Blurb said they couldn’t do that, they admitted that they were having a problem, and offered to replace the order with one that they promise will be better.  Since I really do want to have the book, this is an acceptable resolution, provided the new order lives up to its billing.   We will see.  I’ll post again when the replacement comes.

-Booktguy 12/4/07

Posted by
Booktguy
Dec 4, 2007 6:31pm PDT
Booktguy

OKAY, Blurb has made good.  They replaced my order with a book that doesn’t have the same propensity to curl.  The cover pictures are not the high gloss that the first book had…more of a satin quality.  I’m hoping that this will solve the problem.

-Booktguy 12/13/07

Posted by
Booktguy
Dec 13, 2007 7:17am PDT
Booktguy

gladh to hear the replacement is good. please do update. My first book is going to be a hardcover, but I thought it might be fun to order smaller books for my neices and nephews at some point and wanted soft cover books for them. Customer service is being kept on their toes lately!

Posted by
ambychelle
Dec 16, 2007 9:01pm PDT
ambychelle