General Interest

Impossible Software

I spent 40 to 50 hours trying to produce a 44 page book. The software would just freeze up making it impossible to do anything for many minutes at a time. Other times it would just unexpectedly quit. Several times when I returned to work on my book completed pages were missing and had to be redone. Final straw was when I went to rearrange pages it would take at least 20 attempts to drag them into place and then the page layout would be totally screwed up. After so many hours and so much frustration I finally gave up and created the same book on Apples program in 45 minutes. I am very disappointed as I prefer the flexibility of “Blurbs” layouts and great pricing. When I came to this forum to see if I could find a solution I filled out a Technical Report as suggested but when I submitted it it would not go anywhere. Hope that you can help, I have version 1.9.2.20070 and use Mac, Tiger edition.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
GayeleneM
Dec 27, 2007 9:29am PDT
GayeleneM

Wow, too bad you had so many problems.  I finished my first 62 page book last nite, and had no problems at all….. Hope the blurb people can help you out…..

Posted by
iliv4bears
Dec 28, 2007 9:29am PDT
iliv4bears

Those bugs and more!!

I have learned to avoid placing headings in the centre of the page – there’s an effect which flows to adjacent pages of normal (left alligned) text. 

Posted by
EXO
Dec 28, 2007 7:24pm PDT
EXO