General Interest

Quality of Books

I have designed and produced two photo books with Blurb. Both are 8×10 hard cover, landscape format books (appx. 40 pages.) The print quality was very good. I have no compaints. The bindery concerns by other individuals are a bit alarming. I have told many people about Blurb and we intend on using this method to print a project for work.

I hope the company can fix the problems it has. I plan to continue using them until I encounter problems.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Nodakboiler
Aug 9, 2007 7:06pm PDT
Nodakboiler

I did my first book last November.  It was 115 pages, 8×10 landscape, and was nice quality… easily worth the price.  One of the two copies I ordered has seen heavy use, probably being opened and leafed through at least once a day since last Christmas and there have been no problems such as pages falling out.

So I’m in the same boat as you.  I want Blurb to suceed and fix the problems the the higher page-count books, especially as I’m starting my next book that will be thicker :)

Posted by
vangale
Aug 9, 2007 11:52pm PDT
vangale

My personal experience with 10×8 landscape books has been totally delightful.  I have ordered several of this size and have not had any binding problems or complaints.  I have had issues with the 13×11.  My first several books had no problems.  I had these books placed at a dance studio and they received heavy usage.  Then I had a few problems.  Blurb is taking care of me and supplying me with reprints.  I plan to be patient.  I have high hopes for the new binding service and wait for a replacement for my 13×11 book. 

In the meantime I am not taking orders on the large 13×11 books until I see how the new bindings are holding up.    I REALLY want blurb to solve this problem.  I have researched the single book market  and blurb really has it in many was over other publishers. 

So please blurb,  solve this for all of us loyal blurbarians.   

Regards to all!

Pat T 

Posted by
pattahan
Aug 10, 2007 4:27am PDT
pattahan