General Interest

ISBN

I just want to know whether it is possible to have an ISBN with blurb options?

This is just an advance clarification.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
macpherson
Aug 11, 2007 12:19pm PDT
macpherson

Hi Macpherson,
You can easily add an ISBN to your Blurb book. Here’s how to do it, from our FAQs.

-Allison

Posted by
allibehr
Aug 11, 2007 9:13pm PDT
allibehr

Thanks a lot for your input. I am going to check it right away.

Posted by
macpherson
Aug 13, 2007 8:42am PDT
macpherson

I just called Bowker for a single ISBN number. The instructions on Kevin’s blog   (from Allison’s "how to do it" link) are slightly out of date. Now you select option #1 (not #4) after calling Bowker @ 877 310 7333. You then talk to a live, English-speaking person who will fax, snail mail, or email the application to you.

Caren

Posted by
caren
Aug 17, 2007 9:48am PDT
caren

Thanks for the updated information, Caren. We appreciate that. -Allison

Posted by
allibehr
Aug 17, 2007 10:09am PDT
allibehr

I actually got an ISBN and bar code for $150.00 as soon as I paid by credit card.  I then downloaded the image.

Posted by
lmitchell17
Jan 30, 2010 5:39pm PDT
lmitchell17

I have yet to publish a book here – but have 5 or 6 in development. I shall also publish the digital version of 4 or 5 of them via SmashWords.

Re: ISBN’s – recently Smashwords has introduced a great offer. For $9.95, they will issue you an ISBN that registers you, the author or publisher, as the Publisher in the ISBN record. Smashwords will be listed as a distributor. For your convenience, we will debit the $9.95 from your accrued royalties so you do not have to pay out of pocket in advance. If you haven’t earned enough royalties to cover the cost, your account will show a negative balance until you sell more books. The Premium ISBN is currently NOT available to authors of free books. We will add this option in the future.

Could Blurb offer something similar ? To be able to pay out of accrued royalties would be fantastic. Blurb could cover themselves with an agreement that if accrued royalties don’t cover the cost after a fixed period of time then the ISBN has to be paid for directly ….

Posted by
22CP
Apr 8, 2010 2:40am PDT
22CP

okay…quick addditional question…I have an Italian based ISBN system…I would assume that I can add it to my book in Blurb…is this a correct assumption?

Posted by
eatingheart
Jan 26, 2011 5:45am PDT
eatingheart

I’m wondering,
if this whole Blurb tracking barcode on lower right side of back cover issue ever resolved?

I don’t know why Blurb’s so slow when it comes to ISBN and barcode.
That blog post is almost from 3 yrs ago and nothing changed!

Posted by
kaychae
Feb 26, 2011 2:31am PDT
kaychae