General Interest

How to post pictures?

I’ve notice that some post pictures to the forum…How do you do that?

Keep Smiling

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pictureme
Jan 21, 2008 11:00am PDT
pictureme

Hello pictureme;

In the tool bar for the "Reply to Topic" box is an icon of a tree… Click on that; it allows you to import an image from a web URL

Or, you can type text, then highlight it, click on the "insert link" icon which is now lit, and add a "hidden-link" behind what now becomes hyper-text…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 23, 2008 2:45am PDT
lkb-28

Another example using the "tree" icon…

Photobucket" mce_src="Photobucket" alt="Butterfly" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="140" height="160" align="" />

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 23, 2008 2:49am PDT
lkb-28

I have no idea at all why I got two images and a "bad link" indicator!!!!!

Anyhow – you get the idea…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 23, 2008 2:50am PDT
lkb-28

Lee,

I notice that Safari web browser do not show that link in Post link area. However, I do notice that it is possible doing this so in Firefox web browser on side of Mac platform. So I don’t know if that is the case with Microsoft IE. Perhaps someone can confirm this.

I’ll file a feature request and bug report to Apple Safari web engineering team to look into this on side of Safari.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jan 23, 2008 7:01am PDT
brianbonitz

Hey Brian –

You’re correct. The formatting toolbar (which is an open source product) does not display when using Safari. In our testing, the toolbar does work with IE and FF on PC. and FF on Mac. Thanks for filing the feature request with Apple. I’m sure it’s something they should look into, since tons of sites use this formatting toolbar. 

Jack 

Posted by
JackLyon
Jan 23, 2008 4:23pm PDT
JackLyon

Thanks all,

I’ll have to play with this…could I use FLICKr as a source for photos to link in the forum? If I can, would the picture show up in the forum or would it just be a link to FLICKr.

Keep smiling

Posted by
pictureme
Jan 23, 2008 10:37pm PDT
pictureme

Hello pictureme;

YES – you can use FLICKr… In the examples I gave, I used PhotoBucket… does a similar job to FLICKr…

If you use the hyper-link route, anybody clicking on the link will be taken to a new page within their browser… If you use the "Embed Image" route then your pic will display on Blurb – as long as the URL remains good… If you remove the image from FLICKr at any point, then the "Bad Link" icon will display… The image does NOT get uploaded to Blurb…

Normally, there’s no need to upload images to this forum; I did so only as an example to demonstrate what you can do. It does come in handy if you have a tech problem for example and you want to show a screen capture… but normally, I would suggest using the hyper-link route… It saves wasting Blurb’s server resources…

If you want to see what’s behind the hyper-link or image, just hovver over either, and right-click and select properties… You will see the URL displayed…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jan 24, 2008 3:00am PDT
lkb-28

Test

test

Posted by
TomM
Jan 24, 2008 10:45am PDT
TomM

Hey Jack,

I have contacted Apple. Hopefully that they will look into this matter.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jan 24, 2008 2:56pm PDT
brianbonitz

Hey Lee,

I understand now-thanks.

I wanted to load a photo I took of the spines of the books (7) I purchased.  4 are good and 3 off center. I should be able do that now, thanks.

Keep Smiling

Posted by
pictureme
Jan 24, 2008 9:34pm PDT
pictureme

you guys have totally lost me somewhere halfway….

If I want to post a picture on a forum that is not somewhere on the web but somewhere on the drive of my computer, how do I insert that in a thread? 

Posted by
fschling
Jan 31, 2008 10:23am PDT
fschling