General Interest

Font from your handwriting

Blurb recently had an info-ad about making a font from your own handwriting.  I tried that, using printing instead of cursive writing, and using only capital letters.  The result is quite good, but my font has a space which is so small that it looks like no space at all between words.  Any comments about this?  I’ve written to the originator, but have not received a reply in almost a week.

Ted Scott 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Strauski
Feb 8, 2008 11:32am PDT
Strauski

Hi Ted. If you’re referring to our blog post "Want to turn your writing into a font? Grab a pen" you can find it here. Just to be clear, our blog posts are always informational (we hope), but never ever an endorsement of another company or product, i.e. ad.

Do keep us posted on your font though. And if you feel like posting an example, I’m sure a lot of us would like to see it. 

-Allison 

Posted by
allibehr
Feb 8, 2008 4:18pm PDT
allibehr

In my previous attempt at creating a font, I filled in the template with only the upper case letters.  In my second attempt, I filled in all of the template, and now the spaces between words look normal.  Here is an example of the font in my handwriting:

Posted by
Strauski
Feb 8, 2008 5:12pm PDT
Strauski

Wow. Your handwriting looks fantastic as a font! I’m glad it’s spacing correctly for you.

-Allison

Posted by
allibehr
Feb 8, 2008 8:41pm PDT
allibehr