General Interest

Very happy with the book!

I just got home after being away for a few weeks and my book was waiting for me.  It is 200 pages of street photos – overall I am very very  happy with the results – a few images are a very tiny bit light/foggy?, but overall the look and quality of the book is really great!  wow!  can’t wait to order more!  I think this is an amazing process and overall my workflow is suited for this.  Most of all, it looks and feels like a real published work.  The quality of the layout and the clean design, plus the upload process was a lot of fun.  I find the resulting book an amazing result!

Eugene Martin 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
eugenemartin
Aug 19, 2007 11:33am PDT
eugenemartin

that’s great news Eugene….we’re all excited for you.

Posted by
norcaljhawk
Aug 19, 2007 4:33pm PDT
norcaljhawk

I agree on the process being fun…I’ve been working on a book for 2 or 3 weeks non-stop because I want it to be just right….I hope my finished product has a happy ending too.  congrats.

Posted by
forevertues
Aug 19, 2007 9:47pm PDT
forevertues

Very Cool

I love hearing about all the successes!!!

Pat T 

Posted by
pattahan
Aug 20, 2007 7:12am PDT
pattahan

Yes, it was hard to even guess what it would look like as a printed book.  And its really cool you can make changes to it, then reload and reorder!  I can think of no better way to show people my work as a visual artist in a nice compact and professional manner.  Plus, the dream of having a book of images published is a pretty great thing too!

Posted by
eugenemartin
Aug 20, 2007 6:12pm PDT
eugenemartin

I recently saw a book published through a competing online publisher and was rather impressed with the product….hoping to see the same with blurb….that is, once I actually complete my book :P  I’m definitly eager…

Posted by
forevertues
Aug 20, 2007 10:10pm PDT
forevertues

is it for the same $ and ease?

Posted by
eugenemartin
Aug 21, 2007 7:24am PDT
eugenemartin

dunno…I looked into the other site briefly; however, I liked the simplicity that blurb has…the other site was a bit too complicated for what I’m looking for.

Posted by
forevertues
Aug 21, 2007 12:41pm PDT
forevertues

Just curios, which other website did you see ’forevertues’?

Posted by
nms
Aug 21, 2007 12:58pm PDT
nms