General Interest

WRONG BOOK

We ordered a book August 4th. It didnt ship until August 17. I just received a package today.

IT IS THE WRONG BOOK.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
aphonic
Aug 20, 2007 11:48am PDT
aphonic

I’m very sorry to hear that, Aphonic. Please email Customer Service. They will work with you to quickly remedy this. -Allison

Posted by
allibehr
Aug 20, 2007 12:00pm PDT
allibehr

already did. it’d be nice if i could call someone instead of having to wait for an email response, since i placed this order weeks ago, and am leaving the country next wednesday (to visit the person who was supposed to be receiving the book as a gift, and now probably wont actually get to receive it until i return home 2 weeks later).

it’s poor customer service.

Posted by
aphonic
Aug 20, 2007 2:44pm PDT
aphonic

If you take Allison’s advice, try again to submit and follow-through. Tell them that you are leaving on next Wednesday, and that you are NOT happy with the service and WRONG book.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Aug 20, 2007 9:54pm PDT
brianbonitz

Just out of curiosity, what is the title of your book?  I received the wrong book today as well…very upset!!

Posted by
Gunslinger
Aug 21, 2007 1:11pm PDT
Gunslinger

I received a book titled "Grandma’s Favorite Recipes."   I ordered a book titled "Mr. and Mrs."

Posted by
Gunslinger
Aug 21, 2007 1:29pm PDT
Gunslinger

oh, so the wrong book issue seems to be rampant, then.

my book wasnt recipes. it was a photography book. i received someone’s wedding guest book, which is unfortunate for them, since their wedding is apparently coming up very soon.

i had already emailed  customer service before posting this. just found out that they cant get me the book i actually ordered ON AUGUST 4TH before next wednesday (apparently it takes 5-6 days to make the book. who knew? i figured it would take TEN DAYS since that’s apparently what it took last time).

so yeah. complete failure. nice to know the company is failing for other people, too. i wish i didnt need the book before leaving the country. apparently nearly a month isnt long enough, even though the help files say 5-6 days.

Posted by
aphonic
Aug 21, 2007 2:21pm PDT
aphonic

Nice…shakes head so did they ask for the incorrect book back?

Posted by
Gunslinger
Aug 21, 2007 2:32pm PDT
Gunslinger

theyre apparently emailing me a UPS label for me to take time out of my hectic work day to return it to them. because im sure the people who ordered it really want what amounts to a used wedding guestbook.

Posted by
aphonic
Aug 21, 2007 2:39pm PDT
aphonic

you know what? i might just do the people who ordered it a favor and send it directly to them, since their address is listed on the packing slip. i wonder if the poor people have received the wrong book yet, or if theyre anxiously waiting for it….

Posted by
aphonic
Aug 21, 2007 2:42pm PDT
aphonic

I’m sure that couple would be very grateful.  No such luck in my situation because the address on the packing slip is mine.  Blurb just sent me a UPS label too.

Posted by
Gunslinger
Aug 21, 2007 3:19pm PDT
Gunslinger

Two separate orders over the last couple months - WRONG BOOK BOTH TIMES

My second time ordering two copies of same book I had problems with before (first time I posted in this wrong book thread) and guess what? Another WRONG BOOK. One right, one wrong. They weren’t even the same SIZE book.

This has just been ridiculous. I expect to get my order on time and to have it be correct. One time I can excuse when it’s rectified quickly, but a SECOND time? That to me indicates a problem - perhaps it is that the packing slip has next to no information on it, making it next to impossible to do a quality check? This is probably the issue Blurb needs to look into.

These books were meant to be gifts, but with all the shipping incorrect orders back and forth, they are over a month late getting to their recipients. I’m still stuck waiting for another one of my books to be printed and sent to me. At least with the first mistake they fixed it quickly, not so much the case this time. And all they offered me to make it better was free shipping off my next order, which is pretty useless at this point as I won’t be using Blurb anymore. It is just too frustrating.

Sorry Blurb, you have a good quality product and friendly customer service people, but something needs to change with how business is run there. Quality control and customer service’s ability to make things right with the customer are lacking.

Posted by
Gunslinger
Sep 29, 2007 3:59pm PDT
Gunslinger

Having raised the issue with Blurb back on September 25th, I am still waiting for them to resolve the issue. Unfortunately Blurb seem more interested in their "investigation" that they have forgotten that they have an unhappy customer waiting for some books to give as gifts to people.

To explain, Blurb are still sending other peoples books out ot people.

Having ordered the following quantity of books:

• ‘Diggerland’ x 4
  • ‘TITLE’ x 2
  • ‘Lee and Catherine’ x 2

I actually received:

• ‘Diggerland’ x 4
  • Lee and Catherine x 2
  • ‘Piccolo Ristorante il sale’ by Poggio ai Santi x 2

So if you’re Poggio ai Santi then I have a couple of your books!

However, to make matters worse, I received 2 copies of the book called ‘TITLE’  with the content of ‘Diggerland’ and one copy with the cover of ‘Diggerland’ and the correct content but with duplicated pages in the wrong order!

So for Blurb to put this right all they needed to do was send out 2 correct copies of the book ‘TITLE’, yet I’m still waiting!

So what did Blurb do? Well this was the original response:

"I am sorry to hear that. We stand behind the quality of our books. I have opened an investigation with our printer. Please send me digital pictures that illustrates the problems with the printed books as soon as possible. I will review them and forward to the investigation. Upon approval, I will reprint your order."

Well, I never questioned the quality of the books – I do think they are brilliant. What I asked for was for Blurb to fulfill my order correctly!  In my response I asked how they expected me to take a photograph showing the contents of the books don’t match the cover and..

"Ultimately you have sent two books to me that belong to someone else and two books with the incorrect contents. These books were intended as gifts which will now be late. At the very least I expect you to provide 2 x TITLE as initially requested without delay and if you want the incorrect books that you have sent me returned, please provide postage paid post and packaging in order to do so. "

Blurbs response:

"I am sorry to hear that we have disappointed you, but if you could just send some snapshots of the outside and another of the inside pages we can compare it to the uploaded file that our printer has and then we can process your reprints as soon as we have those. We will not need your incorrect books back. Thank you for your patience on this matter."

Having sent a link to some photos Blurb have now decided to wait until their investigation is complete before sending us the books ordered!

"Thanks for sending those! Once the reprint investigation is complete, I will get back to you to let you know the status of your reprint. Thank you for your patience on this matter. "

Well that email was received on the 2nd October and I’m still waiting!

Blurb really need to get a grip of things, they have an amazing product that’s let down by their customer service and unfortunately most companies that I have dealt with that have a customer service problem fail and I don’t want Blurb to do that!

Most companies can do their job well, but the real differentiator between a poor company and a great company is how they deal with things when they go wrong. Every company will get things wrong sometimes, but those are the times that a company can turn a bad experience into a truly great experience. Please get these problems sorted!

regards,

David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 7, 2007 7:48am PDT
dcragg

A few more days have passed and I’ve heard nothing from Blurb.
A real pitty as after waiting two weeks for Blurb to resolve the issue, I thought posting about the problem in public might cause Blurb to start taking notice – obviously not.

If this isn’t resolved soon, the only course of action I have left is to dispute the credit card charge with my credit card company. That would get my money back, but I’d much rather have the two books I ordered as presents for people.

Blurb you have a great product but you are seriously letting yourselves down when it comes to customer service.

I can’t work with a company that isn’t interested in resolving issues, particularly when you  have taken my money and not delivered the promised goods.

Hoping Blurb wakes up as sorts this out,
David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 10, 2007 4:00am PDT
dcragg

I too am frustrated with customer service. I ordered two (one hardback and one softback) of the same book. The hardback and came out beautiful. Unfortunately, the softcover version I also ordered came printed with additional pages of someone elses book. I have been trying to get a correctly printed softback for 3 weeks now. They requested a picture of the problem which I have sent umpteen times but for some reason their automated email answering system can’t process.

I am in the process of finishing a 200 pg. book which I would like them to print since the quality and price is right but if a 40 pg. book is this much problem to resolve…......I don’t know. And this other book I think would have maybe another 30 buyers but I don’t know if I can put other people through this.

I am frustrated enough. I don’t think I’d want to handle other people being frustrated because of something I was selling them, especially when there doesn’t seem to be a resolution in sight anytime soon.

Is it possible to have a real person answer the customer service instead of the automated response?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Posted by
NJoyArt
Oct 10, 2007 9:24am PDT
NJoyArt

NJoyArt,

The way I got around the problem of sending pictures was to upload the pictures to a website and then provided the web address to the pictures in the email back to Blurb. Having said that, Blurb haven’t done anything to resolve the problem, but at least they can’t blame me for not providing the pictures!

regards,
David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 10, 2007 11:08am PDT
dcragg

Is no one in Blurb interested in resolving my issue? Or any of the issues raised by others in this thread?

I will continue to bump this thread to the top of the list until I get a resolution to the problem, at which point I will happly tell everyone here that you have finally resolved the problem.

To help you out, my incident number is: 070925-000127

regards,
David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 11, 2007 6:52am PDT
dcragg

Minutes after I vented, I got an email from Blurb saying that my softcover book was on the way even though they were not able to see my pictures. I don’t know why because I sent the same pics to other emails (just to make sure it wasn’t something I was doing wrong) and they were able to see them. Anyway, I think my problem is solved. I won’t say for sure until I get the book in hand. :-) I hope you get yours solved soon too!

Best of luck,
NJoyArt

Posted by
NJoyArt
Oct 11, 2007 9:06am PDT
NJoyArt

Great news NJoyArt

Fingers crossed they will deal with my issue shortly too.

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 11, 2007 9:54am PDT
dcragg

I appreciate that the focus of Blurb has been on getting out the latest version of BookSmart, but can you tell me when you propose to deal with my issue detailed above?

thanks,
David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 12, 2007 5:11am PDT
dcragg

Just to let everyone know that I’ve received a lovely email from Blurb today apologising for the delay  and they have put an order through to get the reprints done and delivered ASAP.

Many thanks to Blurb for sorting this out, now I can get on with BookSmart 1.9 and enjoying the results of my next book.

regards,
David

Posted by
dcragg
Oct 12, 2007 1:44pm PDT
dcragg

I got the book I made but they shipped me a dust jacket instead of an image wrap which is what I ordered! I emailed them and no news!!! Were photographers and this book is for a client and they are still waiting for us to ship it to them! BLURB….Please fix this ASAP. we do not want our customers to be unhappy with us about this! thanx

Posted by
gremlys
Dec 4, 2013 8:39pm PDT
gremlys