General Interest

Where's My Book?

I uploaded my lastest book "Fawn & NoeMoe" on 17 May and received it in the mail today (27 May).  I looked the 657 "Just Published" books and do not see my book nowhere!

The Book Preview mode was set to "ON" and viewing for "PUBLIC" is also set and I still do not see my book.  

I looked at the "METRICS" and see where others have looked at my book but I still can not see my book.

Would someone please still me what’s going on?  Speaking of preview mode, I can only see inside books when I’m on my PC at work.  Using IE 7 or Firefox at home I can not preview any of the books – why is that?

Thank you.

CJAYJR

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
CJAYJR
May 28, 2008 5:41pm PDT
CJAYJR

I think you also need to raise these issues with Blurb directly, you can do that via a Technical Support request on the Search FAQs page. It’s on the right hand side uner EMAIL SUPPORT.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 28, 2008 11:52pm PDT
tfrankland

Tony,

Thank you for your quick response. I’ll check with TS at FAQ.

CJAYJR

Posted by
CJAYJR
May 29, 2008 5:55am PDT
CJAYJR

Hey there –

The Just Published directory only shows books that were published in the last seven days. But, your book is publicly accessible. People can still find it by way of your profile and your user bookstore. Thanks to some search engine optimization we do for all public books, your book is also showing up in Google searches.

As for not being able to view Book Previews, I’m really not sure. I would double check that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If that doesn’t fix the issue, I please contact our Support Team.

Posted by
JackLyon
May 29, 2008 1:25pm PDT
JackLyon

Staff,

I hate to nit pick but I checked the Bookstore "EVERY DAY" after uploading my book and I never saw it in the bookstore – seven days later or otherwise.  I see some books listed twice!

If it doesn’t show up in the bookstore and people don’t check my profile (because they don’t know me or want to) what is the purpose of having a bookstore?

I just checked again and out of "635" books mine is now where to be found. I people browse the Bookstore it would seem that is the logical place to find books – not someone’s profile.

I do not feel your response truly explained why my book has not shown up in the bookstore since I uploaded it or received it in the mail.  There must be another reason.

CJAYJR

Posted by
CJAYJR
May 30, 2008 12:09pm PDT
CJAYJR

I was wondering if anyone else has had these same issues?  I published, purchased, and made my book public a week ago too- and it doesnt show up in the Blurb search engine- nor does my name show up under "authors"-  I have written an email- their reply to me was that my book didnt have enough tags or keywords- ridiculous- my reply to that was that was to  question why it wouldnt show up by it’s title- they replyed saying they would get back to me- I love my book, but these issues are sooo frustrating.

Posted by
kat717
Jul 3, 2009 11:27am PDT
kat717

I’m having the same problem. I can’t announce my book or even find my bookstore to see if it’s up there. I, too, was extremely excited to have published, but what’s the point if no one sees it?

Posted by
ahriman
Sep 2, 2009 6:38am PDT
ahriman

Same problem here.  I’ve got a customer support ticket in because I can’t get the shipping options to be able to order my book.  And I’ve noticed that my book isn’t showing in the bookstore despite being made public.  I’ve tried searching for my exact title and it’s come up as no such book.  I checked the "just published" last night after uploading and checked it tonight, searching back until I got to yesterday’s stuff.  No book.   I’ve also noticed that when I click My Public Books or My Private Books it says I don’t have any books (even when I am logged in).

I’m getting frustrated at several problems that have plagued the whole process for me (and while there is customer service, having to contact them constantly isn’t ideal).  I’ve read a lot of positive (as well as negative) feedback in the forums so I know it can work.   I’ve used Cafe Press and Zazzle so am not new to POD nor to the fact that there can be occassional hiccups in the process.   I hope this gets them out of the system and I’m able to get it all resolved.  I"ve got a second book I would like to do but not if things continue in this vein.

Posted by
pinepig
Sep 10, 2009 1:40am PDT
pinepig

HI.O) MY NAME IS HELEN,I AM A PUBLISHED AUTHOR YOU FIND ME ALL OVER THE INTERNET IN EVERY BOOK STORE.I DONT KNOW BUT MABY ITS BEST TO PUBLISH A BOOK WITH A SAFE GOOD PUBLISHER COMPANY THAT YOU CAN TRUST AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU GET OUT THERE.O) JUST A TIPS .SINCERELY HELEN

Posted by
RAVENSWEET
Dec 6, 2009 6:07am PDT
RAVENSWEET

I found your book by typing the name in the search box at top of pg. I did have a problem at first because the &  turned into a "26" but I managed to change it. Do you have tag words for this book that would draw people interested in pets, dogs, pinschers, etc? By the time I searched for my last book it was on pg 60. So many books are added every day that I am beginning to doubt that anybody just browsing thru Just Published every day or so really sees all the new books.I love the book by the way-left a comment on the preview.

Posted by
loricherokee
Dec 6, 2009 3:15pm PDT
loricherokee