General Interest

Is blurb considering offering slip-cases?

Is blurb considering offering slip-cases or any other form of presentation for the books? I am delighted with the book quality (just received a 240 pp 13×11 book) and I would like to find a reasonable source for simple plain slip-cases.

I can get one made for about £550 providing I order 250 of them! surely there is an opportunity for blurb to revolutionise the slip-case market as well as the POD market… don’t you think so? :)))

Any thoughts that either the blurb staff or fellow blurbarians have, would be very much appreciated. Importing from outside of the UK will not be an impediment.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jayemcee
May 29, 2008 6:09am PDT
jayemcee

I had no luck in my UK search, like you I found that they all seem geared up to produce large quantities. 

I am thinking of ordering a couple of slip cases from Transient Books for my book, although based in Argentina they ship to U.K. Not cheap though the choice of materials/styles looks good, but they will take an order of one!  They quoted $63 for a hard back slip case, cloth covered with a photo inlay on the cover for my 13" x 11" hard back book.

http://www.transientbooks.com/cases.asp

Anybody else tried them? Any other suppliers people use? Especially U.K.

..........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 29, 2008 6:49am PDT
tfrankland

What I did was, I found a good local book binder to do a small number of slip cases for my 8"X10" book, "Another Mexico". He did a great job and it was extremely cheap. I’d look for either a professional or amateur book binder in your area. They’re not as rare as you might think, nor as costly…

Posted by
cantudoit2
Jun 5, 2008 4:04pm PDT
cantudoit2