General Interest

Locked Paper sample

Hello,

I am thinking about making my Wedding Album at  Blurb, but before that I wanted to see how the printed photograph will look on the page. Is there a way you can send me a sample of the printed photograph?

Thank you. 

Posted by
kamikadza
Jun 10, 2008 5:34am PDT
kamikadza

Hi kamikadza,

Best way to see for yourself is to order a book from the bookstore. Or you can meet up with another Blurb customer to check out their book.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 12, 2008 10:56am PDT
kathybad

I just got my first 11X13 hardcover and am really impressed with the paper.  It is a semi-gloss surface, looks exactly like what you would find in a fine book at a bookstore.  My vintage b&w photos look better than they have on any thing I’ve viewed them on.  That includes all sorts of surfaces printed on my high resolustion Canon i9900 ink jet printer.

Assuming the wedding book is the same paper, you will not be disappointed.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 19, 2008 2:23pm PDT
deanej

I would also find it very useful to have the ability to order a sample packet of your paper choices. I have no idea what the true difference is between the standard paper, the upgraded luster vs matte paper. I would really appreciate the ability to purchase sample paper so I could see first hand before making a choice on an expensive book. Finding someone who’s purchased a book from Blurb or buying an entire book to see the options seems ridiculous to me. When you purchase other paper items online, invitations, cards etc, there is always a way to buy a sample of the paper product.

Jennifer

Posted by
nini1078
Nov 6, 2010 5:47am PDT
nini1078

I’m very much agree with Jennifer!

Posted by
armstrongb
Jan 5, 2011 6:46pm PDT
armstrongb

In my experience with working and finding printers to use on various design projects, I can usually request samples of their products and paper types. It’s always easiest to go to a client and hand them the options availible to them. Granted they don’t have many choices here but before I print anything I would want a sample pack of the different paper types, print/binding quaility, and cover materials.even just swatches of these would help me consider using blurb.

And I definately don’t think a good customer support response is to tell a prosective customer to buy a book.

Posted by
Quinnly
Jan 8, 2011 6:41pm PDT
Quinnly

Agreed, as you would have to buy three books to see examples of each of the different paper types.

Posted by
mbmosher
Jan 15, 2011 1:18pm PDT
mbmosher

Come on Blurb, customers have spoken, please make a paper sample pack available, you could always make a small charge to cover costs….

Chris 

Posted by
chrispratt
Feb 25, 2011 6:42am PDT
chrispratt

Hi folks,

We are very much listening here and agree that a sample book of some sort would be mighty handy. It’s something that we are seriously looking into, so please be patient while we figure out how to make this work.

Thanks!

Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Feb 25, 2011 9:23am PDT
kathybad

Another voice for the sample book.. different papers and different colored end papers with B&W and color prints..

Posted by
TinaFreeman
May 2, 2011 3:55pm PDT
TinaFreeman