General Interest

Removing forum posts from my bookstore

Is there a way to have my forum posts not showing from my bookstore? I don’t see why customers want/need to read what I am posting about. It’s a bit like a bricks n’ mortar bookstore showing discussions with their supplier to the customer.  Is this possible at all? I’d rather it not be there.

Cheryl 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
cherylhall
Jun 14, 2008 7:15am PDT
cherylhall

it is possible. you need to change the URL code generated from the Bookstore Badge. Just add "store" after "/user/" and the badge will direct the user to the proper location.

Posted by
aredlich
Dec 15, 2009 9:54pm PDT
aredlich

Hi Cheryl!

You actually have a problem with that link that will stop other people accessing your bookstore, so at the moment no-one will see your books or your posts. .  The url behind your bookstore icon is www.blurb.com/my/store/public, if you examine that url you will see my/store in the middle so when I click on that link I am taken to MY store not yours, that style of link is for use by you when you are logged on to Blurb as it does not contain your id..

The public id for your bookstore should be http://www.blurb.com/user/store/cherylhall that does not contain any links to your posts.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 16, 2009 2:23am PDT
tfrankland

I think there is a problem w/my info. When I click on my avatar in the forum I go to my profile pg w/links to my posts. At the top of the pg there is a link to my bookstore but that pg is same as my profile w/the post links.

Posted by
loricherokee
Dec 16, 2009 7:24am PDT
loricherokee

This is just a guess Lori and I’ll leave you to investigate and see if I am right.

I think it is probably because you are logged on, it knows who you are, and is trying to be helpful. If I click on your avatar and go to your bookstore I do not have that link. Try signing out (extreme top left of the window) then click your avatar on one of your posts and see what you get. It shoudn’t know who you are so you should just see your profile and bookstore as others would.

…..Tony

p.s. I took the opportunity of looking at your books, you’ve really got the hang of making books now. You’ve got some really good photos in your "white" book, I wish I’d been on that trip.

Posted by
tfrankland
Dec 16, 2009 7:59am PDT
tfrankland