General Interest

Photography Books Now bookstore section?

When I entered my book into the Photo book contest, it said it was directing me to a page in the bookstore where all the entries would be displayed. Well, I can’t find any such page or category. Where is it? Or is it not being created until after the contest deadline is over? 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jczinn
Jul 10, 2008 6:37am PDT
jczinn

I noticed that too - it just directed me to the page showing all categories available on Blurb (not the competition categories, but Blurb ones).

I also didn’t get an acknowledgement email either – just the paypal one. It does make me wonder if it went through all OK.

Posted by
dasantillo
Jul 13, 2008 12:07pm PDT
dasantillo

I double checked and both of you have been successfully entered into the contest.

Now that the contest is over, we have released a new bookstore directory that shows all Photography.Book.Now submissions that are also set to "public."

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/pbn

Sorry jczinn — that should have been more clear when you entered your book. 

Posted by
JackLyon
Jul 15, 2008 2:32pm PDT
JackLyon

I can’t seem to find my two book entries in the store. I’ve heard that if they aren’t in there, they will be disqualified, but I know everything is set right on my side of things.

Posted by
Iaaphoto
Jul 16, 2008 3:23pm PDT
Iaaphoto

i am having the same problem – i entered 2 books at the same time – both are public and only one is in the photo book now bookstore – can u please check on my entry

thank u

Posted by
ahetheringto
Jul 16, 2008 4:26pm PDT
ahetheringto

Hi laaphoto/ahetheringto –

I’ll double check to confirm that you’ve both been correctly entered. Keep in mind, with so many submissions, it may be really hard to find your book in the PBN directory. The order these books appear in is by original publish date (newest to oldest), not the date that you submitted them for the contest. 

But, rest assured, we have an impressive number of jurors. Each and every book that has been entered will get a thorough review.

Posted by
JackLyon
Jul 16, 2008 5:14pm PDT
JackLyon

It’s confirmed – you’re both entered. We received such an overwhelming response near the end of the submission deadline that not every public book submission is displaying in the new PBN bookstore directory yet. All submissions should be in there by tomorrow.

Posted by
JackLyon
Jul 16, 2008 5:50pm PDT
JackLyon

Thanks for checking :-)

Posted by
dasantillo
Jul 17, 2008 12:15am PDT
dasantillo

Thanks for double checking.

Posted by
Iaaphoto
Jul 17, 2008 2:26am PDT
Iaaphoto

So judging has started according to Blurb staff and 2 of my books still aren’t there. I was told by Craig via email over 24h that they would be added, still not there.

While I don’t know the judging proceedures, how can judging begin if all books aren’t in the right sections yet? Isn’t that leaving books out of the process? Over 100 books have been added in the last 24h.

How many books remian to be added? I followed all the rules correctly, was told my books would be added and my money was supplied and taken, but it seems obvious there were serious problems on Blurbs end and not just with mine with so many still being added.

Why would judging start if all books aren’t done beeing added?

Makes it hard to feel good about entering a contest that isn’t starting off on equal footing between all contestants.

Posted by
jonathans
Jul 17, 2008 12:33pm PDT
jonathans

Hello Jonathans-

This is Eileen, the CEO here. Not only are your books here, I have just personally looked at the Book Previews for both April and July. Lovely work. Some of the books are still being coded to the Photography Book Now bookstore as we had so many late arrivals—but rest assured, we have them all and would not start any judging were that not the case.

Good luck in the competition.

Posted by
eileen
Jul 17, 2008 1:05pm PDT
eileen Icon_staff

I’m not seeing my book in the pool to be judged. Is there a final cutoff date for when you expect all of the books to be loaded in?

Posted by
cschiraldi
Jul 22, 2008 10:54am PDT
cschiraldi

cschiradi,

I believe the Photography.Books.Now submission date due was on/by July 14, 2008.

Perhaps thatJack (a staff or some other staff from Blurb) confirm this.

Cheers, Brian, A passionate Blurbarian

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jul 22, 2008 1:55pm PDT
brianbonitz

It was added in there now. It showed up yesterday just after my post (here) was made. Thanks!

Posted by
cschiraldi
Jul 23, 2008 10:12am PDT
cschiraldi