General Interest

Do they come with a box?

I couldnt seem to find this on the site, Im sure it’s right under my nose. Do the Blurb books come with a box? How are they deleivered?

Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
bonniec
Aug 23, 2007 11:12am PDT
bonniec

I ordered four 44-page books (2 softcover & 2 hardcover) and they came in their UPS envelope/package and that was about it. The softcovers were shrink-wrapped, I do believe.

Hope that helps.

Megan 

Posted by
redmeg8
Aug 23, 2007 11:48am PDT
redmeg8

Bummer, do you all get any special boxing to present the 8×10 size books to your clients?

Posted by
bonniec
Aug 23, 2007 11:49am PDT
bonniec

If I were to mail one of my 44-pagers to a client, I think I’d slip it into a really nice, heavy envelope (e.g., http://paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/envelopes/presentation.html). That size is a pretty thin book. Bigger than that, yeah, I’d consider a box. I bet there’s gotta be an online resource for those… I recall getting one with my wedding photos not that long ago.

Posted by
redmeg8
Aug 23, 2007 12:02pm PDT
redmeg8

Bonniec,

Perhaps that you want to make a feedback input with Blurb suggestion contact form.

Hope that helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Aug 23, 2007 5:20pm PDT
brianbonitz

If I may chime in and add redmeg8, there are some good places to find nice, professional quality book for photographers, where you can buy them at certain places like B&H and similar competitors.

Additionally, most art and supply stores carry those stuff. I believe it is the case in any metro large cities. I don’t know about small or rural towns. Perhaps Paper-source might be of an interest. I also saw some, if I remember this correctly, at Martha Sweart (spelling?) art scrapbook supply website. I think it is relatively new site, I believe. Boy, Martha must be on almost everything under her nose! Creativity is awesome! I can see why Martha is good at that at what she is doing.

Anyway, hope that also helps.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Aug 23, 2007 5:24pm PDT
brianbonitz

Hi;

My first book just arrived; and YES, it was shrink wrapped inside AND boxed very similar to the corregated cardboard wrapping Amazon use…

Very pleased with Blurbs service…

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 24, 2007 6:07am PDT
lkb-28