General Interest

How many Books have You sold?

Just out of curiosity how many books have you sold and at what price?

For me, I have sold over 160,  7×7 hardcover books(none sold thru blurb because my target is very specific overseas crowd..i sell it on my blog) and I usually make about $25- $30 per book. While the $25 Blurb 7×7 cost is nice I still wish it were lower so I could lower my price and sell more. People are paying about $83 per book including ($25) shipping overseas which is hefty but those that can are buying.  

I probably would have sold 1000 or more by now if I sold it at cost or slightly above cost but that wouldnt make any finacial sense.

What about you? 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
LouisS
Aug 29, 2007 1:58pm PDT
LouisS

Have you tried this venue to determine profitability margin of your sale and such cost-benefit analysis around financial analysis using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet? It is very useful tool.

You can also research online search such as Google or Yahoo on mark up margin to make money, or something like that.

As for how many book sold and all that, I think it is individual’s privacy issue, and it is up to someone else to disclose such information in public. For me, I am not at my liberty to disclose as such, because I feel it is none of some people’s business. But it is up to you or for some people for that matter.

Posted by
brianbonitz
Aug 29, 2007 6:05pm PDT
brianbonitz

Congratulations on your book sales, that is awesome! I haven’t sold any yet but will soon, besides to myself.  I agree the price is an issue for me also because with just a slight increase on my part it still makes an expensive children’s book.

Posted by
beachbrat
Aug 30, 2007 10:02am PDT
beachbrat

I love looking at the previews in the Bookstore, especially for imaginative layout ideas. Some of the books are so enticing that I’d really like to see ALL the pictures, but I don’t know that I’d break down and buy copies. Have folks here bought any of the books unless they had a vested interest? (Such as knowing the author/photographer.)

Posted by
beesong
Aug 30, 2007 10:07am PDT
beesong

By the way..one of the copies of my Blurb Book found its way into a Sports Museum overseas….thats right Blurb, you now are on display in a Museum!

Posted by
LouisS
Aug 30, 2007 1:00pm PDT
LouisS