General Interest

First Book Arrived; It's Beautiful!

UPS delivered my first Blurb book today, and I’m very happy!  It’s a 13×11, 78 pages, and the quality is excellent throughout.  I’ve had some concern after reading posts about pages falling out, but the binding on mine looks to be stitched and strong.  I haven’t been jerking on the pages, admittedly, but I’m enouraged & now will start on additional books.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
BobMetzler
Sep 5, 2007 4:17pm PDT
BobMetzler

Hey Bob –

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience. I’m a big fan of the 13×11 books myself!

Jack

Posted by
JackLyon
Sep 5, 2007 6:36pm PDT
JackLyon

Good to hear. I just ordered a 13×11 book yesterday so hopefully I’ll be making a similar post soon. How long did it take for the book to print (ship out)?

Posted by
xray
Sep 6, 2007 12:10pm PDT
xray

That’s very encouraging – especially that it is stitched as well. I had put a 13×11 project in mothballs due to binding issues with the 10×8 version, but if 13×11 is different I’ll restart, once they solve the postal issue outside the USA.

Posted by
Claustral
Sep 7, 2007 1:19am PDT
Claustral

my hardcover books that came in too seemed to be stitched as well. i’ll upload images if anyone wants, but i too was afraid of ordering a hardcover book. but the binding , glue and stitch make me more than pleased. thanks blurb!

Posted by
darkartjames
Sep 7, 2007 7:32am PDT
darkartjames

Hi folks,  please note that there are differences in binding between our print partners worldwide.  These tend to be subtle.  One thing of note is that books over 120 pages hardcover cannot be sewn as the book block it too large.  Generally, all hardcover books will be sewn if they are 120 pages or less.

—bw 

Posted by
bruce
Sep 8, 2007 9:31am PDT
bruce Icon_staff

Well I should be receiving my first book this Monday, hardcover 200 pages.  So if a book this large isn’t sewn how is the binding put together? 

Posted by
meowrus
Sep 8, 2007 11:57am PDT
meowrus

I recently received a 120 pg 13×11 and it is beautiful. The binding is also stitched. Love the quality.

Keep it up,

Jim 

Posted by
jmm4jmc
Sep 8, 2007 12:21pm PDT
jmm4jmc

Meowrus, your book will be glued and metal stitched for strength.  

—bw 

Posted by
bruce
Sep 8, 2007 12:51pm PDT
bruce Icon_staff

I’ve just received my first book, and now I wish I had done it bigger and added more pictures….It looks great!  Can’t wait for the next one to be shipped which will be tuesday, and can’t wait to do the others!

Now I know that bigger is actually better!

Posted by
bdj3
Sep 8, 2007 5:51pm PDT
bdj3