General Interest

Forum threads

Is there any way to make the forum have threads; i.e. topics would be kept together instead of searching through 30 or more pages for a particular topic? 

I am glad to have the forums, and I just would like to have an easier way to find out what everyone thinks about particular topics.

It would also help eliminate these duplicate questions we see over and over.

Keep us the good work.

Kathy

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
PAMAMA
Sep 6, 2007 11:44am PDT
PAMAMA

Whoops – It’s keep up the good work!

Posted by
PAMAMA
Sep 6, 2007 11:45am PDT
PAMAMA

Hi Pamama –

Just wanted to make sure I understand… are you wanting a way to see all the threads you’re interested in, on one particular page? Or are you hoping for more forum categories (currently we have three: Technical Issues, Tips and Tricks, and General Interest)?

Posted by
JackLyon
Sep 6, 2007 2:22pm PDT
JackLyon

Though I don’t think this is exactly what you’re talking about, here’s one little trick that might help…

At the bottom of any Forums search result page, there’s an RSS feed link that allows you to monitor all posts of that particular keyword. 

For instance, if you searched for the term BookSmart, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Subscribe to Feed link. Using your favorite RSS reader or site, you’ll then see any new posts that match that keyword.  

Posted by
JackLyon
Sep 6, 2007 2:29pm PDT
JackLyon

Thanks for the help.  I’ll try these.  My original problem was that I wanted to see everything everyone wrote about ISBN’s together.  Maybe the search will work. 

Posted by
PAMAMA
Sep 10, 2007 11:51am PDT
PAMAMA