General Interest

Delivery time

This is my second book and I am really frustrated with the delivery of my second book. It was finally shipped out on August 31 after the processing being delayed as well. I have checked the tracking number  with UPS and it seems the delivery date is not until September 11th. It is now sitting in Richmond, BC, Canada and it is only a hop, skip and a jump from there over to Victoria, B.C. It says for standard delivery to Canada is supposed to be 2-4 days, not 12.

Jill. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jill4245
Sep 6, 2007 4:30pm PDT
jill4245

My book as well is taking a very long time to "process" I uploaded it onSatu. the first of sept.  and it wont be "shipped" until the 11th…hopefully it won’t take another two weeks to get it!

Posted by
bdj3
Sep 8, 2007 5:53pm PDT
bdj3

You should each submit an incident to our support team via the Order Support form. This will escalate the incident to the appropriate service rep and will give valuable data when working with UPS and/or the printer to resolve.

http://www.blurb.com/help/order_support 

Posted by
norcaljhawk
Sep 9, 2007 1:01pm PDT
norcaljhawk

On the Blurb shipping times it states 2-4 business days for Canada. I contacted UPS and this is what they said: 

Thank you for your inquiry. I have checked our system, and it shows your package was shipped on 08/31/07 from the shipper’s Springfield, Massachusetts location and is scheduled for delivery on 09/11/07, by the end of the day in Canada. This package was shipped utilizing our UPS Standard ground service and requires six business days in-transit for delivery. An exception scan on the package on 09/05/07 in Vancouver, British Columbia, was not a physical scan of the package and has not affected the transit of this shipment. I apologize for any concerns that you had about your package. Should you have any additional concerns about your package, you may call UPS in Canada at 1-800-742-5877.

Please be aware that Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not included as transit days. The ship date is also not calculated as a transit day.

Hopefully tomorrow after 11 days I will get it.

Jill. 

Posted by
jill4245
Sep 10, 2007 10:24am PDT
jill4245

I to am very frustrated with blurb. I ordered a number of books for christmas. Blurb’s website promises they will be delivered on or before December 18th. Needless to say I did not receive my books by the 18th….. in fact I didn’t receive them until 4 days later.

Blurb answer is that it is not their fault but the fault of Canada Post. But blurb didn’t deliver the book to them until 2 days before I was supposed to have it… So not sure how canada post was at fault.

I can’t order from a company if I don’t have confidence that they are going to deliver by THEIR posted times

Further Blurb didnt see fit after many emails to do anything to rectify the situation, except for give me my shipping costs back…. My order was $250 and they are willing to give me $20 in shipping costs back to compensate me for the fact that I did not have my Christmas gifts in time for my family Christmas parties

Verrrry frustrating

Posted by
mmoore1703
Jan 27, 2014 7:08am PDT
mmoore1703