General Interest

Blurb Problems

Overall I am somewhat satisfied with how my Blurb book has come out.  Beyond that it has not come without problems, which I wish to let known to others.   First of all I sent for a copy of my new book, with premium paper.  Within hours of recieving the book, the pages started falling out, one by one.  Sent it back, Blurb sent me a UPS label to send back, and promptly sent me another copy of my book, so far the book has lasted a couple days, no pages out yet.  Second problem… I ordered a copy of my book in hardcover image wrap.  I recieved a book, but it was not mine…it was another Blurb Author’s book. Now I have to take a trip to UPS and send it back, plus I still await MY book…another inconvenience.  Third problem…I have set up my book for Public in the Blurb Bookstore…my book has not yet appeared in the bookstore, nor is it searchable in the bookstore, under, name, tags or title.  At this point I am pulling the hair out of my head with Blurb.  Customer support has been just above Fair.  They have provided me with return shipping and quickly sent out a new book.  They have not really offered apology or an explanation of why things happened.  This response is questioning my continued self publishing with Blurb.  I have several other book ideas in mind.  I just wish I could be more confident with Blurb at this point.???

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
dmwenc
Feb 6, 2009 1:36pm PDT
dmwenc

Is this your book?

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/dmwenc

P

Posted by
peteshep
Feb 6, 2009 3:08pm PDT
peteshep

Yes that is my book

Posted by
dmwenc
Feb 6, 2009 3:41pm PDT
dmwenc

Following up to my previous posts.  I recieved my book in image wrap and I am very pleased with the quality and the way the book came out. I also received new soft covers as well, which also came out great.  I opted to use standard paper for the softcovers. 

I’m pleased with Blurb and the way things turned out.  Unfortunately I had small bit of trouble, but Blurb staff was very helpful and made sure the corrections were addressed and resolved.  Overall completely satisfied now.  Thanks

Posted by
dmwenc
Feb 12, 2009 6:23pm PDT
dmwenc

Extremely nice job with the book, D.M.  The railroad photos are gorgeous.

Posted by
deanej
Feb 12, 2009 7:03pm PDT
deanej

I just went through the forums and stumbled across this threat and checking out your book. That is a great book! My husband is a RR fanatic and I put this book on my list for a gift to him this year!

Posted by
SylviaEhret
Feb 21, 2009 11:27am PDT
SylviaEhret

Thank you for the comments on the book. 

Posted by
dmwenc
Feb 23, 2009 4:39pm PDT
dmwenc