General Interest

it's not very polite ...

... but is it (legally) possible to remove my book from the blurb database once i’ve sold it a certain amount of time ?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
zwaltek
Apr 8, 2009 4:52am PDT
zwaltek

Yes, simply delete it.  If you don’t do so on your own, Blurb will delete it 1 year after the last sale.

Posted by
deanej
Apr 8, 2009 6:50am PDT
deanej

Thank you Dean

Posted by
zwaltek
Apr 9, 2009 9:39pm PDT
zwaltek

Does Blurb delete all books after one year?  or just if they have had a sale?  I have several books and have family still looking for them.  They show up on my page, but when I try to view them, I only get the cover – is that why?  Would you have to buy a book to get it back on Blurb?  I lost some of mine when I changed computers and Blurb updated their software and I had not saved in the ‘old’ version.  Not sure if there is a way to get those back so I could upload them again.  Wendy

Posted by
wjukich
Apr 19, 2009 8:41am PDT
wjukich

Wendy, it’s my understanding books are deleted 1 year after the last sale, not 1 year after being uploaded.

I would assume that if you had one drop off, you would simply need to re-upload it, then would have to make a purchase within 15 days of re-uploading.  Then, it would stay on the site for 1 year after that purchase.

That’s my understanding.  If someone knows different, please correct me.

Posted by
deanej
Apr 19, 2009 9:34am PDT
deanej

Anyway, very strange name for this book, rising would have been better

Posted by
wto
Jun 19, 2009 6:21am PDT
wto