General Interest

Profits Too Small for Check

I’m curious about this & haven’t seen question about it. You need $25 in profits to get pd, otherwise money is rolled over. How long do you keep rolling the money over if it doesn’t reach $25? Blurb takes $5 processing fee which makes it harder to get to $25. My markup is small. I really don’t expect anyone to buy it- my friends, family can’t really afford to buy photobooks right now. Hypothetical- if I sell a couple copies,have #15 profit, how long do you keep it before issuing a ck?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
loricherokee
May 2, 2009 9:42am PDT
loricherokee

If you don’t reach the $25-mark, Blurb will take it at some point. In their eyes, you haven’t met the agreed profitability point..therefore that money isn’t yours.

Posted by
dilbert1965
May 2, 2009 3:42pm PDT
dilbert1965

If you are putting that little of a profit on your book you may want to consider ordering the book for your friends yourself and then collecting the money from them yourself.  That way you don’t have to wait for a check on your profit.  Don’t forget to add the cost of freight to what you collect from your friends – and always have them pre-pay for the order.

Posted by
Bebensee
May 2, 2009 8:45pm PDT
Bebensee

I have doubts that a lot of people are spending money on photobooks these days even if the subject of the book interests them. My friends & family certainly can’t afford to buy them. I didn’t do the book w/any great expecations of selling it. It’s just nice to see my photos in a book. I’m working on another one but don’t expect to sell that one either. I was just curious about the required $25.00 profit.

Posted by
loricherokee
May 4, 2009 10:50am PDT
loricherokee

I looked at your book.

You’re very talented, Creative editing and beautiful photographs.

A book to be very proud of.

I hope you and your husband had a great time. Even if your book doesn’t sell

You have a great memory book. Good luck on your next book…

Posted by
Tinkerbellwc
May 16, 2009 6:35pm PDT
Tinkerbellwc