General Interest

Locked clipped text warning

Hi…......

i’m progressing my first book which is a lot fun – very enjoyable but i’m trying to resolve
a clipped text warning on my front cover. However when I view the book in preview mode it looks fine. Any suggestions welcome….

Posted by
scoobie007
Jun 8, 2009 11:54am PDT
scoobie007

There is a known bug that sometimes caused that warning for no reason. If it looks good in Book Preview it’ll look good in print..

Another other cause is unprintable characters (such as a carriage return) at the end of your line. If you activate the text box by clicking in it then do a select all, any unprintable characters will show as they will be highlighted along with the "real" text. Then you can easily delete them.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 8, 2009 11:58am PDT
tfrankland

Many thanks Tony – very helpful, I will try your advice….

Bruce

Posted by
scoobie007
Jun 8, 2009 12:12pm PDT
scoobie007

sometimes blank characters at the end of a text string will be there (you don’t see them cause they are blank (space bar)).  Get the cursor to the end of the last letter and use the delete button.  When I have done that I get rid of the warning.  What Tony says is right, if you want to know that you got it fixed, get rid of the blank characters.

Also, you are are trying to center the text, you need to get rid of the blanks on the end as well, those get included in the centering calculation.

Posted by
firstgear
Jun 8, 2009 6:24pm PDT
firstgear

Of course now you can just edit the layout and make the box bigger!

Posted by
AnnetteJones
Jun 9, 2009 6:43am PDT
AnnetteJones

I am getting the clipped text warning even though I have removed all the text from my front cover, and I have closed and re-opened the software TWICE ! NOT a good start !

The warning seems to be stuck there !……..Barbara

Posted by
photosecosse
Oct 27, 2010 8:19am PDT
photosecosse

Hi Barbara,

This is usually caused by an extra carriage return that is falling below the allowed area. Clicking the container and clicking Control-A (Command-A) and hitting the Delete key on your keyboard will usually fix this.

If you still get this warning and the text does not appear in BookSmart’s preview mode you should be good to go.

Locking due to age.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 27, 2010 12:26pm PDT
csm Icon_staff