General Interest

answers to forum questions

Why do some forum questions receive no answer?  Are all questions reviewed by a staff member?  I’m not referring to postings that are merely comments or obviously need no answer.  Even a naive question from a beginner needs an answer; if we knew how to find the answer, we wouldn’t be posting.  In spite all of the information about margins, I am still confused and posted a query a few days ago.  Zilch, silence.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
spetry2
Jun 17, 2009 12:26pm PDT
spetry2

The staff does not monitor this forum, except occassionaly.  It is for forum members to help each other, which is done very effectively.

Why do some questions receive no answer?  I might guess at reasons, but they are only guesses.  One might be that they the question is so far off in left field no one wants to get involved in trying.  Another might be that no one knows the answer or has an idea what the answer might likely be.  Another might be wording of the question is such that it is not understandable by anyone other than the person asking the question.  These are only guesses, I don’t know the reason.

I don’t remember reading your queston on margins, but try again and we’ll try to answer it.    Or you can give me an idea where the orginal is.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 17, 2009 1:23pm PDT
deanej

Hi spectry2!

The primary aim of the forums is to provide a means of members (such as you and I) communicating with each other, offering help, sharing ideas, sounding opinion, sparking ideas, and sometimes having a moan. It is not meant  to be the means of users asking questions of Blurb staff, although they do monitor the forums and chime in from time to time. If, on the home page of the forums, you select Forum Guidlelines from under the Help menu on the right hand side you’ll find an explanation of this and other ways of getting help. .

I suspect the reason you have not had a reply to your question is that the forum members who have looked at your question do not know the answer – I don’t..

If you cannopt get an answer in the forums, and you cannot find one in the FAQs or the tips and tutorials that Blurb provide you should contact Blurb Customer Support for help. Again, how to do that is explained in the Hep, but to short cut that go to the Help menu at the top of this web page and you’ll see Customer Support as one of those options, from there and choose Technical Help and you’ll then be in contact with Blurb tech staff via e-mail.

Normally you’ll get a quicker response through the forums (or even quicker if you find the answers in the Tips, tutorials or FAQs) but Blurb will respond to you within one busijness day, normally much faster.

Good luck in getting your question answered.

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 17, 2009 1:24pm PDT
tfrankland

spectry2, I found your question.  I figured out that by clicking on your name it would bring up your posts.

I don’t know the answer either.  I think it might take an expert with Word, and I have never used it.

One piece of caution, I would test moving things from Word to BookSmart after a couple of pages are completed, before you do a bunch of work.  There have been some issues with formatting in copying and pasting from Word.  Since I don’t use it, I don’t know what the issues are, I just remember seeing some posts about problems.

Posted by
deanej
Jun 17, 2009 1:36pm PDT
deanej

I’ve had another read of your question, still do not know the answer Frown   But if I was struggling with that problem and didn’t get a quick response I’d create a new  test book and try importing a few pages to see how it turns out, that might give you enough information to allow you to go back and adjust your page layout in Word.

Most of my knowledge comes from trying things.

.......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 17, 2009 1:44pm PDT
tfrankland

Thank you both, deanej and Tony.  I’ll take your suggestion and test a few pages first.  I’m so new at this… I searched for "margin" and read every result in the FAQ’s and forums before posting.

Posted by
spetry2
Jun 18, 2009 11:48am PDT
spetry2

I think you’ll find Kathy, from Blurb, has replied to your original post, so have a look there before starting your trial book.

Good luck!

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 18, 2009 11:56am PDT
tfrankland