General Interest

Kindle your book

Has anyone put there book on their Kindle?  Any guidance on how best to do this?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mcmarten
Jul 22, 2009 10:42am PDT
mcmarten

You have a better bet by contacting Blurb customer service through contact form. They probably know the info better on the forum. I think you are asking this question related to Kindle for the first time. I would think it is good for you to contact Blurb team and find out.

Hope that helps, Brian {a passionately Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jul 22, 2009 5:44pm PDT
brianbonitz

I would love to make my book available as a download as an ebook. Can I do this with Blufb or would I better of using a different publisher? If I should do this with another publisher can anyone recommend one?
Thanks.

Posted by
farmerdon
Oct 17, 2011 3:11pm PDT
farmerdon

farmerdon, I’ve successfully published books for the Kindle. Feel free to contact me – frejus107 at hotmail dot com – if you’d like more information.

Wendy

Posted by
waf1
Oct 18, 2011 11:05am PDT
waf1

From my own investigation, blurb will publish on ipad/iphone only, (at that just started this week). To publish on kindle and the other ebook formats you would have to look at Amazon.com/createspace etc and use their publishing and submission process.

Posted by
CoburnBooks
Oct 18, 2011 5:29pm PDT
CoburnBooks

Concerning Kindle format, all you need is a PDF or word format and bingo, email it to your kindle email address and you got a wonderful book in living color for the Kindle Fire or regular Kindle. Very simple and fast! Dj

Posted by
dj1455
Jun 1, 2012 11:19am PDT
dj1455

I would like to sell books on the Amazon Kindle. I think it is a great pity that Blurb has opted to concentrate solely on the iPad.

I appreciate that the iPad is a great tablet and e-reader, but Amazon is one of the major suppliers of books in the world, if not the major supplier.

Even the new PDF option offered by Blurb is designed for the iPad and does not upload to KDP.

I think this is a great pity given the market power of Amazon for books and with the advent of the newer Kindle Fire models which are now much better for photobooks.

Selling a book on the Apple istore is a much more complicated process than uploading a Kindle to Amazon. But unfortunately Blurb does not cater for ebooks which upload to Kindle Direct Publishing .

I think this is a great oversight and a great pity. I will continue to seek a solution for designing ebooks for Kindle which means that I will probably have to look elsewhere than Blurb which is a great pity, as I love creating books on Blurb.

Blurb keep saying other ebook formats are coming. . . but they are still not here!

Does anyone else have the same problem, or has anyone found a solution for creating ebooks which upload of Kindle Direct Publishing?

Thank you in advance.

Posted by
lozan365
Oct 14, 2012 1:51am PDT
lozan365

Having just spent the last two weeks working on my Kindle eBook, I’m not surprised that Blurb is not exporting books for Kindle (yet). It will be a great feature to have eventually, but conversion is not a simple process for a formatted, graphically rich book, and the biggest issue is the reflow of the pages.

If your book has a lot of text, and the photos just need to be near the text that refers to them, then it is pretty easy to build your book in Word and run it through KindleGen to create your Mobi file. If you actually care about the layout (like I do) then it becomes much more difficult. There are lots of options and they all have trade-offs. At least for now, producing a Kindle-formatted graphically-rich book is a fairly long process of refinement, optimizing and testing, and it may not currently lend itself very well to automated conversion.

Posted by
sutherland23
Dec 3, 2012 8:54pm PDT
sutherland23

I bought the Kindle (Fire) then read that it can’t read my Blurb Books. Is this still the position or has there been a way it can now be done?

Posted by
dg8
Dec 12, 2012 5:58am PDT
dg8

Blurb has always approached the market in a half-ass sort of way. They come up with something great, but it has so many flaws and restrictions that it’s almost not worth messing with. They’ve done it multiple times…

Magazines? Great idea, but you either have to lay out your book in PDF format or purchase a $700 Adobe application just to be able to make one.

ebooks? Again, great idea, but it’s only available on ipads. They say that it’s b/c they are testing the market. But that’s BS. There is no reason to "test the waters" anymore. PC Tablets and Kindles far outsell ipads today.

Forums? Now they’re changing the format of the forums into the awkward, virtually useless "Yahoo Answers" style of forum. Bad idea.

Whoever is making these decisions at Blurb is going to wind up bankrupting the company. Mark my words.

Posted by
HoltWebb
Jan 9, 2013 8:41am PDT
HoltWebb