General Interest

Shipping news: Nontrackable, cheaper methods for Asia, Australia, Europe, and New Zealand

thanks Paul…we’ll do some research in to the "inscrit" option

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
norcaljhawk
Oct 2, 2007 12:23pm PDT
norcaljhawk

This is great! I’ve been waiting for this for months. I can finally order my book now, thanks!

Posted by
esvedea
Oct 3, 2007 10:59am PDT
esvedea

Thanks Blurb, this will be so much better for us in Australia, it’s more than 50% cheaper to send via Swiss than UPS which recently has had problems with my parcels.

Posted by
digitalr
Oct 6, 2007 5:47am PDT
digitalr

Can the Blurb staff please elaborated on the reason why Swiss post was selected over other options, for example Netherlands national postal service TNT Post ? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_N.V. )

From my experience of ordering books, cds, dvds from Europe (including Netherlands) so does it look like Swiss post is about twice as expensive compared to national postal services in Europe.

And usually it is the same price when sending packes within EU countries. (correct me if I am wrong) But if I start to make an order of my book, so is there a significant price difference between Finland and it’s neighbouring country Sweden when using Swiss post.

Posted by
ssahlander
Oct 9, 2007 8:23am PDT
ssahlander

We worked with our partner in the Netherlands and reviewed options from over a dozen carriers. Across these carriers the Swiss Post gave us the best option, both in terms of price and service.

Posted by
norcaljhawk
Oct 9, 2007 10:06am PDT
norcaljhawk

Shipping costs for Australian customers is still way too expensive! I have a range of children’s books now for sale on blurb and I have had many people (>20) give me feedback that they simply won’t make the decision to buy any of my books because the shipping is too expensive. Australia post is much cheaper! Why can’t blurb simply use Australia post? Currently, it is a lose-lose situation. Please blurb turn it around to a win-win situation so that I may build my brand of children’s books by selling more books, and so that blurb prints more books and potentially gets even more people to create their own books with blurb. The cost of shipping is more than half the purchase price of one of my little books. People won’t pay that when they are used to “China cheap” books. Where is the common sense here guys??

Posted by
sastuart
Jan 2, 2014 2:48am PDT
sastuart

Further, I live in Australia. My books are written for Australians. Why the international shipping price for my Australian customers??

Posted by
sastuart
Jan 2, 2014 2:54am PDT
sastuart