General Interest

A question for contest organizers about voting

Hello.

I read the website visitor’s will be able to vote for public books starting from october 23.

Which part of each book will be visible for those who want to vote? The whole book or just the pages marked as visible in the book settings?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Esfel
Oct 4, 2009 8:19am PDT
Esfel

Hi,

Books entered in the contest must have their books set to Public. And yep, these books will be viewable using our Full Book Preview.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 5, 2009 11:34am PDT
kathybad

> And yep, these books will be viewable using our Full Book Preview.

Sorry, I can’t understand. Does it mean that people will be able to view the whole book even if only some pages of it are marked as public?

Posted by
Esfel
Oct 6, 2009 12:30pm PDT
Esfel

Yes, when you enter in the contest, your book is automatically public with full-book preview.

Hope that helps.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 6, 2009 1:35pm PDT
kathybad

Are the books entered available to view somewhere – I’m not finding them.  Or do we have to wait until October 23rd?

Posted by
Bebensee
Oct 8, 2009 8:49am PDT
Bebensee

Hi,

You are correct. Once the entering deadline passes, the voting page and books to vote on will appear.

Stay tuned!

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 8, 2009 10:55am PDT
kathybad

I’m not following the comment about having some pages private. You can do that?

Posted by
dmkilbride
Oct 9, 2009 3:57pm PDT
dmkilbride

Hi, here’s hoping it’s ok to put this here as it’s a question about voting in the Blurb contest.  I’ve got 2 books in the contest and when voting opens I’ll be asking friends to vote for my books.  My question is will it be a "one person one vote" kind of a deal? If so, I’ll pick which book I’ve entered and ask them to vote for that one only.  If it isn’t I can ask them to vote for both.

Thank you for your help,

Alex 

Posted by
pinepig
Oct 16, 2009 12:27am PDT
pinepig

Hi,

You’ll find all the voting information in our contest rules:

ROUND ONE (Public Voting): Public voting will begin on October 23, 2009 at 12:01 AM PT in the Blurb Bookstore and end on November 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM PT Registered Blurb members will vote on eligible Submissions. All entered books will be fully viewable (full book preview) during voting period. Only one vote per natural person. The top 15 finalists in each category will be deemed “Finalist” and will move on to round two. In the event less than 15 Submissions are found in any category, all Submissions will move to round two.

So, you are correct. One vote per person. 

Hope this helps.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 16, 2009 8:51am PDT
kathybad

Thank you Kathy, that does help! If I’d seen that I would have only entered one.  Oh well, I’ll let friends know about that part.   I’ll think about which is the best book and ask them to put their votes into that one.

Thank you again! 

Posted by
pinepig
Oct 16, 2009 1:53pm PDT
pinepig