General Interest

Giving Workshops

My bookmaking business is growing!  I get an average of two new inquiires per week and complete about one project per week. (My wife is helping out with editing, proofing etc.) I have arranged to give a seminar in January to show 20 local (paying) artists how they can create their own books using Blurb.  Of course this is a cunning marketing ploy by yours truly to get referrals and to help others with my services. (A lot of them will not want to do it themselves but will be inspired to have me do it for them!)  I am wondering if other bookmakers have given seminars and if they have any tips?   I’m looking for ideas for marketing materials or workshop outlines that I might use effectively.

Anticipating a flood of replies!!

Thanks, Joe

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Maxfocus
Oct 22, 2009 3:21pm PDT
Maxfocus

I would like to attend a seminar on Blurb use.  When and where are they given? Luther Jones

Posted by
LeChef
Nov 8, 2012 7:53am PDT
LeChef

Joe I am in Australia and have written a book of poetry in which I’m happy with. I also thought of showing others how to use blurb so they can make their own book. It would be a one on one tutorial and our home would be like a bed and breakfast where they will stay. This will be in the future. At the moment I am working on my children’s stories so would find it difficult to type up peoples stories etc. I was thinking later on that was another idea of typing books for people. Other than advertising on classifieds and accommodation sites I’m at a loss to think how I could get people interested to come to our home for a tutorial or type for people. Do you have ideas how I could start? Thank You. Madonna Weaver

Posted by
out_back777
Feb 28, 2013 7:17pm PDT
out_back777