General Interest

Locked Board books...for kid-friendly handling

Any plans to offer books on heavier chipboard type paper? (Like kids board books)...
The books are lovely, but way too fragile for little hands to hold and enjoy on their own.

Would be great …

Also am waiting for new release…soon please! You are definitely losing some of your audience.

Donna,
Mom of a 4, 2 and 1 year old with baby #4 on the way. Lotsa pic-taking in my future!!!

Posted by
donnafedenko
Oct 8, 2007 1:59pm PDT
donnafedenko

Hi Donna. Great suggestion. I will make sure that it gets to the right folks at Blurb. We get many suggestions and cannot implement them all, but we keep a very thorough list and all are considered.

And I just wanted to let you know that BookSmart took another huge step forward in our tests today, so my hope is that it’s ready soon. I appreciate everyone’s patience. Even though an extremely small percentage of people are having trouble with the current version (as compared to the thousands of books being made with no problems each week), I do know that it has been  frustrating for you and others.  It will be here soon and it’ll be worth it.

-Allison 

Posted by
allibehr
Oct 8, 2007 2:31pm PDT
allibehr

It’s now over 2 years since this suggestion for board books was made.  Any progress?  I think there’s a huge market for this type of book!  I find myself holding my baby in my arms every day and pointing to our photographs (that he’s not allowed to touch), naming our family members.  If only he could hold and touch these pictures himself!!

Posted by
mckowna
Jan 8, 2010 10:19pm PDT
mckowna

http://www.customboardbooks.com/

makes very basic board books. I had one made for my son called "Ryan’s Family" with all our family members in it. He loves to flip the pages and point at everyone.

Posted by
helenhsin
Jan 27, 2010 8:32pm PDT
helenhsin

Blurb has the best custom options and flexibility!!!  Where are your board books????

Posted by
curlybyrd
Feb 13, 2010 1:57pm PDT
curlybyrd

I would also love to see Board Books.  My husband is being deployed to Afghanistan, and I would love to make a board book for my son with pictures of his daddy.

Posted by
suesweet
Jun 11, 2011 9:30pm PDT
suesweet