General Interest

So...Now what?

Do we get an email with how to redeem our $50 gift card from the contest? :)

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
BrandonMilli
Nov 18, 2009 6:45pm PDT
BrandonMilli

Silence? Really? Come on, does anybody have an answer?

Posted by
BrandonMilli
Nov 19, 2009 8:49am PDT
BrandonMilli

Yes…As I posted in another thread yesterday, I haven’t recieved a notification of the final contest results either.  This last few days and final round of the contest seems a bit anticlimatic.

Maybe Kathy from Blurb will read these comments and reply.

Posted by
AdoptionLove
Nov 19, 2009 1:11pm PDT
AdoptionLove

Results are on the website. Go to Home pg.

Posted by
loricherokee
Nov 19, 2009 2:15pm PDT
loricherokee

Sorry about that guys. For those who were finalists and are expecting gift cards, they are on their way … via snail mail. We put them in the mail yesterday so you should have them soon.

Congrats!

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 19, 2009 4:04pm PDT
kathybad

That’s cool! you could have saved the money and sent mine electronically lol Thank you for getting back with us Kathy!

Posted by
BrandonMilli
Nov 19, 2009 5:23pm PDT
BrandonMilli

Kathy-

As always, thanks for keeping us updated.  It has been an honor to be included in the contest.  As an amature who learned how to use Booksmart to produce our book we have been happy to have this opportunity.  As the only finalist book produced with the purpose of highlighting a family unit (not just one or two members of a family)  we were hoping to be in the final 2.  C’est la vie!  I guess it is hard to compete against books developed with a whole design team, professional photographers and their professional equipment and software. 

Thank your for hosting this contest, we are proud of our book and hope it serves it ultimate purpose; to highlight our family to women who are pregnant and considering adoption.  

R & R

Posted by
AdoptionLove
Nov 20, 2009 9:02am PDT
AdoptionLove

Brandon was just going to answer you but seen you received a response. Hoping all is well with you – I just received mine in the mail today.

I just made a gift for someone for Christmas and wanted to utilize it -

…Kathy – was wondering if there is a way to utilize the 20% off and free shipping and my gift card – I have tried putting in the codes for Holiday (good till 24th) as well as my gift card code but it wont accept them.

I understand that I will probably get the answer that only 1 promo code can be used, but in this circumstance – I dont think that it’s fair - 

I feel that I should be able to take advantage of the special you are running as I purposely got the book in so i could utilize the savings….and being that I have a gift card – why wouldnt I be able to use that in addition – please advise 

Have a great night everyone.

Posted by
YDONTIFITIN
Nov 21, 2009 9:37pm PDT
YDONTIFITIN

Hi,

You are correct. You cannot use a gift card and a promo code at the same time. We’ll evaluate updating that functionality in the new year, but for now, unfortunately in your case, it’s the way it is.

Sorry about that. 

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 22, 2009 2:36pm PDT
kathybad

Unfortunately it is really bogus to not be able to use a promo code with a gift card.  A gift card is a form of payment, not a promo code.  Another reason to NEVER purchase a gift card from Blurb.  If you get one for free, I guess that is another story.

Posted by
friend1979
Nov 23, 2009 12:04pm PDT
friend1979