General Interest

VERY slow delivery of a book

I ordered a 13"x11" hardback landscape book on 2nd November and had confirmation on 6th that it had been printed and shipped. I therefore expected the book to arrive within 5 to 10 days. it is now 24th November and there is still no sign of my book.

I have contacted the customer services and firstly they said if ti hadn’t arrived by 8th December then they’d reprint it. Even if they did, it’ll be about 20th Dec before that one ever arrived. I think 7 weeks to get a book delivered is totally unacceptable. They have since confirmed that the book was printed in the US despite me being a customer based in the UK. I’m sure the book would have got to me a lot quicker had it been printed in the Netherlands……well, I say quicker, maybe it would have got to me!!!

This book is a wedding album for a paying customer so delays like this are hard to explain to a bride who is desparate to see her album.

Has anyone else experienced delays like this?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Robgeorgeson
Nov 24, 2009 6:21am PDT
Robgeorgeson

It would be the carrier who delayed or lost it, not Blurb.

No doubt the reason it was printed in the US was that the Netherlands printer was overwhelmed with orders and wouldn’t be able to get to it promptly.

I certainly can understand the frustration you are experiencing, it has happened to me and I know what it feels like.  But, Blurb can’t control the delivery system.

Posted by
deanej
Nov 24, 2009 7:14am PDT
deanej

I have a similar problem to this. I spent  $150.00 in books and my package was "Delivered" on 11/19.  Blurb does not require a signature so either my package was lost or stolen.

I contacted both the carrier and Blurb yesterday. Since, I have no response from Blurb, no email and no phone number for someone to talk to about my lost package. There is no offer for them to discount me or resend my package. Nothing.

I needed these books for a Writer’s Faire on Tuesday, so I will be out luck. It is a shame becaues Blurb makes a really nice product and has a good service, but in regards to this type of costumer service. I am very disappointed.

Posted by
FiestaJones
Nov 25, 2009 9:46am PDT
FiestaJones

I ordered books from Amazon and got them 1 week later than the "delivered date", turns out one of my neighbours had them!

It’s very hard to believe that Blurb don’t have a phone number, but I guess it keeps their costs down. It seems customer service isn’t checking these forums either, could be the XMAS rush.

Fiesta you might want to let your local postman or post office know as well. Sometimes the mailing label gets screwed up.

Posted by
D2O
Nov 26, 2009 7:57am PDT
D2O

You’re right, Blurb is not checking these forums.  They’ve repeatedly stated the forums are for individuals to help each other.  If you want to voice something to Blurb, they have an email system for customer service that is very effective and fast.

I’m curious, what would you do with a phone number that you can’t do with email?

Posted by
deanej
Nov 26, 2009 9:08am PDT
deanej