General Interest

Paypal for the book makers profit payment instead of cheque

Am I alone in this case?

I am really struggling to make blurb company( which is a business that is working in spite of the crisis and increasing their book prices) understand that paying our profits with paypal or bank transfers would be easier for European countries,because when we receive a small cheque of 16 euros we got to pay a bigger bank fee to get it, which means we dont get any money, yet we did a book and sold some of them.

I also have an account and I give the profit to a charity and the same issues is going on

I am lucky for the first cheque they will send is much more than 16 euros, but please blurb, find a solution!

It’s a great place to make book, to share, to be able to help charities and if you cannot cooperate better it’s really not cool!

Paypal is the easy, and we can buy our books with paypal, so why can t we get our payment profit this way,this is what I just cannot understand.

Thank you for answering, if anyone is having the same issue please wave your hands! I must not be alone in this!

and I still have so many books idea. so please help!I am okay to work and give my art for free but not okay to work for blurb’s accountancy!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Lightweaver
Dec 22, 2009 5:18am PDT
Lightweaver

If means of payment from blurb can be sorted out to your advantage….moneybookers sometimes has a lower fee  than paypal. I would ask for the options of both paypal and moneybookers

Posted by
chateaumaule
Jan 4, 2010 9:47pm PDT
chateaumaule

This what I mailed to Blurb today:

<del>-</del>—————————————————————————-

Dear Blurb Team,

you kindly send a cheque of Euro 17,50
after deduction of the bank charges there were a rocking € 2,67 left on my account.
Special thanks to you for using a stone age method of payments instead of implementing PAYPAL. Great work and thanks again for the peanuts!

<del>-</del>————————————————————————————————————

cheque payment is a pain in the neck! Get rid of your horrendous payment charges BLURB and allow PAYPAL finally!

I will offer my books without profit from now !!

Posted by
editionh
Jan 7, 2010 9:37am PDT
editionh

I haven’t made enough to trigger a cheque yet – thank goodness!!

It’s odd not wanting to be paid, but frankly I don’t – not until I can be paid via Paypal or some other form of on-line payment mechanism. Cheques are a) expensive b) a hassle to cash and c) incur large bank charges.

Blurb, did you know that cheques are being phased out in the UK? A hint that they may be past their use by date :-)

Posted by
cbnewham
Jan 9, 2010 12:22pm PDT
cbnewham

Please add paypal as an author payment method and remove the $5 "processing fee" You will get much more business, much more, when you start thinking of yourselves as people helping book creators to thrive instead of thinking only about blurb being allowed to thrive.

Posted by
bonojerry
Jan 16, 2010 11:00am PDT
bonojerry

So I just went to my bank in the Netherlands with my first 2 blurb cheques: turns out the processing fee is 60 Euros!

That means there would be 9 Euros left from my first cheque and I could not process the second one because it’s only worth 23 Euros..

What a letdown! Why does Blur still use these checks for people outside the US? They’ve managed to find a printer here in the Netherlands, surely there must be a more convenient way (Paypal!) to pay your customers?

For the time being, I’m not going to sell my books via blurb.com anymore.

Posted by
kevinmoens
Feb 16, 2010 6:36am PDT
kevinmoens

As I told Blurb earlier in an email, I better frame my cheques and hang them on my wall, because that way I’ll see at least the amount I’ve earned for a long while, because I’ll never see that amount in real money in my hand. I haven’t seen the inside of a bank for ages, but it seems Blurb’s still hanging on to their cheques, which costs us an additional 4 euro to get a worthless piece of paper.

Posted by
Titia
Feb 24, 2010 4:28pm PDT
Titia

Hi Titia and everyone else,

We’ve got several forum threads going about SYP check issues and I’m here to tell you that we have some news. PayPal will be an option later this year. For more information, see my post here.

Thanks for hanging in there.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Feb 24, 2010 6:53pm PDT
kathybad

Hi Kathy,

That is good news re paypal option – Do you have a time frame for later this year? 

I really feel that a paypal option will increase sales for us all. Maybe in the meantime we should all get together and make a book out of our cheques :-) Just joking!

Posted by
wyrm
Mar 7, 2010 2:11am PDT
wyrm

Hi wyrm,

I wish I could give you a more realistic time frame, but I can’t. Things change so rapidly here that something on schedule today could be totally off-schedule in two weeks. And we’ve learned in the forums that if we get too exact with time frames and then miss them, all is not easily forgiven by the community. 

I can say that we are cranking away at it and that although I wish it were a month or two away, it’ll probably be longer.

Btw, your cheque book isn’t a bad idea. I want to do the same with my mother-in-law’s hilarious emails. 

– Kathy (My doxie, Oliver, looks just like Luke!)

Posted by
kathybad
Mar 7, 2010 12:22pm PDT
kathybad

Anyone up for a petition???

so that blurb allows the paypal payment instead of taking advantage of us ?

Posted by
Lightweaver
Apr 28, 2010 2:26am PDT
Lightweaver

Hi Lightweaver,

I can totally understand your frustration, but as I said above, we are definitely working on this. A petition can’t make us work any faster. ; )

Thanks for your patience.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Apr 29, 2010 9:33am PDT
kathybad