General Interest

Happy With Book

I just received my 4th book from Blurb & I’m very happy w/it. It’s 120 pgs, imagewrap cover. It’s a record ot our  first 19 months in ME after moving from MD. The images on the imagewrap cover are perfectly placed. The photos inside look very good. I was worried that some of them might be darker than I liked but they were very good. You can only lighten a photo so far before it loses color. There are a couple that are a little grainy but that’s my fault. They were taken from a distance & I need to blow them up to be able to see the whales. I uploaded it Jan 25, it arrive today, Jan. 30 – 5 days & ahead of schedule. It was printed in NY. Now if Blurb could just fix the softcover problem, I’d be happy to recommend the site to anyone.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
loricherokee
Jan 30, 2010 11:37am PDT
loricherokee

I created my first book and just received it yesterday. OMG! I absolutely LOVE IT! It turned out so good! I was concerned about the size font I chose and didn’t have a clear understanding how big the pictures would turn out to be on the printed page. Especially ones that I had to reduce. But it all turned out beautifully. I chose the image wrap, only because my book was for kids and the dust cover would end up getting torn off. Creating the book and playing with the different layouts was a blast. I got to make it exactly as I wanted and Blurb did an outstanding job printing my book. Thank you, Blurb!

Posted by
ryansbg
Feb 9, 2010 11:26pm PDT
ryansbg

I just got my first book in the mail from blurb and just wanted to say thanks, blurb. I am proud of it and plan on doing more photo books from trips to places as well as subject matter such as nature, seasons. Its just a photo book, but represents my first one! You guys are awesome & thanks again!

Posted by
mmdavison
Mar 5, 2010 11:31am PDT
mmdavison