General Interest

YoUr FeedBack Needed

I have just created my first book  with Blurb and all the advice and feedback you can give me will be very well received..

http://www.blurb.com/books/1176853

my website: www.nodigital.net

THANKS A LOT TO ALL 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
gigin
Feb 7, 2010 6:47am PDT
gigin

Hi,

I just looked at your book preview but I’m not sure what kind of advice/feedback you are wanting. I can give you a critique of the book if that will help but please remember that it is just one person’s opinion. I love the topic and a lot of the photos are superb subject but a lot are very dark and with the black page background I think it detracts from the photo and you lose detail. Also, some are not quite straight – I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but did you run any of your pics through an enhancing programme such as Photoshop? I think that would have produced a better book photo-wise. Also, the lack of text leaves the viewer wondering what some of the photos are of. I live in the north of England and I know a lot of your photos are of London, but it would have been better if I knew where and what in London. Don’t take my criticisms the wrong way, there are some innovative and wonderful photos in there, you have really thought about angles etc.. and I am no photo expert, just a keen photographer with very little knowledge of technicalities. I think I would have experimented with a white page background, it might have brought the photos to life more but for your first book it is excellent and you can now decide, on the strength of it, what mistakes you think you might have made and improve (like I did). Hope this helps………

rrusty

Posted by
rrusty49
Feb 7, 2010 9:24am PDT
rrusty49

By the way, I think your front cover is fantastic!

Posted by
rrusty49
Feb 7, 2010 9:33am PDT
rrusty49

Hi – I thought your photo’s were beautiful.  I personanlly like the black background because it draws your eye to the light of the photograph more than a white background, although if I were doing it I may have put a thin border around the photo.  I agree with rrusty that some captions or text would be nice, especially if you are selling it as a coffee table book.  Your photo’s may make someone want to see the place taken in person so it would be nice to know what and where.  I agree the cover is great!  Overall good job!  I’m not an expert, but I know what I like and what makes me want to turn the page to see what’s next.

Posted by
Bebensee
Feb 8, 2010 2:44pm PDT
Bebensee

I think your book looks very nice, I like the black background, I use that too for my photos. I don’t think they’re too dark at all. Personally I think putting text into it, would not add to the book, then it would become an ordinary snapshot book in my opinion.

Posted by
Titia
Feb 11, 2010 5:29pm PDT
Titia