General Interest

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - Booksmart broken?

After the update I found Booksmart doesn’t start and OS X reports an error (with Java),  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

I had a similar problem when I updated to Snow Leopard, to Blurbs credit it was fixed quick.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Mr_Kebab
Mar 30, 2010 2:03pm PDT
Mr_Kebab

Hi Mr_Kebab,

We’ve just tested this here in-house and BookSmart appears to be working correctly after the upgrade. If you continue to have problems please contact us here.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Mar 30, 2010 4:02pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Thanks for the info.  I’ve finally got round to testing on my MacBook (it wasn’t available yesterday) and can confirm it works fine.   I’ll try wiping it off my MacMini and reinstalling,  again thanks for the prompt reply :)

Posted by
Mr_Kebab
Mar 31, 2010 2:59pm PDT
Mr_Kebab

Going into Java Preferences on my Mac crashes – looks as if its Java. 

Posted by
Mr_Kebab
Mar 31, 2010 4:45pm PDT
Mr_Kebab

I am 10.6.4 and just updated my Java. Any version of BookSmart is crashing on my machine. Ideas?

Posted by
tedstark
Oct 25, 2010 8:22pm PDT
tedstark

Hi tedstark,

Crashing problems are best handled through support. If you haven’t done so already please contact them for help with this.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Oct 26, 2010 9:24am PDT
csm Icon_staff

After opening a second admin account, BookSmart 2.9.2 loaded fine. I downloaded 2.9.2 on my primary admin account and BookSmart crashed in the same place in the splash screen.

Is it possible to copy some of the library files from the account in whihc BookSmart is working on to my primary account? 

Thanks!

Posted by
tedstark
Nov 8, 2010 6:36pm PDT
tedstark