General Interest

Locked Check it out and comment on book please

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1465556

Posted by
Korleone
Jul 13, 2010 7:09pm PDT
Korleone

This is your 4th post asking this, once is enough it can get annoying reading the same one over and over.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jul 13, 2010 11:40pm PDT
tfrankland

Thanks tony I’ll take it in consideration

Posted by
Korleone
Jul 14, 2010 1:57am PDT
Korleone

Hi Korleone,

Congratulations on your new book!  We love your enthusiasm.

But in the spirit of keeping the forums somewhat tidy and our community guidelines on spamming, we’ll be removing your other duplicate posts.  

Thanks,

Maggie

Posted by
maggiemight
Jul 14, 2010 10:05am PDT
maggiemight Icon_staff

thank you maggie i was actually trying to find away to delete them it my computer showed as if my post was never on the forum so i kept posting until i seen it and ended up with a million posts and didn’t see a delete button of find a way on the FAQS. but thank you i appreciate your help.

Posted by
Korleone
Jul 14, 2010 11:35am PDT
Korleone

With much anticipation we waited patiently for our wedding book to arrive that we had worked on so hard.  After about 2 weeks (was promised 7-8 days) we finally received it.  However, I was disappointed in the quality of the book.  Some pages were bright and pictures were great and others were grainy and dark.  I assumed that if they had been too grainy that your blurb caution sign would have warned me about that but apparently not.  But more than that, the majority of the pictures were dark, just way too dark.  They did not appear to be dark on my screen when I submitted them (with the exception of the ones in the Just Married car after dark – I expected those to be dark).  The quality was just not there.
Contrastingly, when I started this project I started with Shutterfly but a friend told me Blurb was better so I switched over.  In the meantime Shutterfly sent me a promotion for a free book, so I quickly put together several pictures of my granddaughter and sent it in after I finished with the Wedding Book.  My book from Shutterfly came back first even though I ordered it last, and the pictures turned out bright, clear and beautiful, even the one that I did not feel was a real good picture, just perfect.  So then I got so anxious to see my Son’s Wedding book since that small book was so good, imagine how my Wedding book was going to look that I spent all that time on.  Imagine my disappointment when the special book was not as good as the spur of the moment book.  What made it worse was that I had used some of the same pictures and we held them up together and the Shutterfly picture was clearer, brighter and better than the darker Blurb picture – same picture.
Lesson learned too late!

Posted by
dianecline
Sep 13, 2010 6:57pm PDT
dianecline

Hi dianecline,

Rather than adding a comment to an unrelated post, I strongly encourage you to contact customer support instead. We can then have a look at the original images you uploaded for printing and help you determine what happened, and if it qualifies for a reprint.

As this is an older and unrelated thread I’m going to lock it.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support 

Posted by
mikewhy
Sep 15, 2010 7:40am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff