General Interest

poetry promotion

i’ve just added my book to the blurb library, and have been surprised that already have seen some (albeit few) sales. Have added links from facebook, redbubble, myspace..but does anybody have any good leads to actual poetry sites that promote self publishing at all?

ive done some preliminary scouting around and the number of poetry sites is clearly huge..any thoughts on ones that maybe try to push the commercial aspect ( though its a bit of an ugly word i suppose )

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
2010black
Aug 12, 2010 2:39am PDT
2010black

I can tell you that I have had much more luck selling physical copies myself than online. I am still trying to figure out how to best promote my book onlineas I am not very up to date on the latest social media and blogging sites.

Just from personal experience, I would recommend sending your book off to get reviewed by poetry magazines, websites, etc. Going to poetry readings and getting involved with the poetry community around you would also be a good idea, that is where almost all of my sales have come from. 

Cheers and best of luck! I hope this was a little bit of help!

-Andrew 

Posted by
ancook58
Jan 7, 2012 3:00am PDT
ancook58

If you want to permote peotry than join the peotry groups on facebook, Twitter, myspace and other socail network sites.. that is really good and easy way, I like peotry..

Posted by
ErcwIff
Oct 4, 2012 12:23am PDT
ErcwIff

Thanks I will look up the Facebook Poetry groups to sell my book.

Posted by
out_back777
Feb 28, 2013 7:37pm PDT
out_back777

Curious to know if any of the 5125 books in the Poetry section have sold more than 100 copies, and if so, which ones.  Anyone?  I have a new 324-page poetry book, HISTORIOPTICON, 20 years in the making, and would like advice on promoting it to people into time travel, American history, and poetry.

Posted by
dmessineo
Apr 12, 2013 8:02am PDT
dmessineo