General Interest

Ipad and additinal tablet options

Having just received the CEO’s newsletter with the coming outlook for 2011, does anyone know about the Ipad and additional options? I am currently looking at the best approach towards an Ebook solution and if it derives from inside Blurb then I would probably wait to understand better prior to looking at alternative development strategys.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
eatingheart
Jan 22, 2011 8:37am PDT
eatingheart

Any news?

Posted by
eatingheart
Jan 26, 2011 5:41am PDT
eatingheart

Hi eatingheart!

We’re very excited about what’s in store for 2011, but we can’t share more details than what you’ve already read in the letter from Eileen.  

Don’t worry, though!  We will definitely make sure that we keep everyone informed of new developments, here in the forums and in future newsletters.  

Stay tuned!

Maggie

Posted by
maggiemight
Jan 26, 2011 9:52am PDT
maggiemight Icon_staff

cant wait!!! thanks the update!!! on another note any plans for setting up a Blurb stand at the Frankfort Book Fair? would love to be involved with that…I am finishing up my first publication and launching it in Febraury…www.eatingheart.com

Posted by
eatingheart
Jan 30, 2011 11:35pm PDT
eatingheart

I’m quite keen to see what happens in this area for photobooks in general since its the traditional production of the books where Blurb makes the majority of its revenue. And also how it works with Apple since they aren’t (if the Kindle is anything to go by) going to like the fact you are parting money with Blurb on an Apple format like i-Tunes.

From what I’ve seen the going rate for a photobook appears to be within the $5 range.

Posted by
CHACK
Mar 1, 2011 9:41am PDT
CHACK

Yes…The revenue model is still not clear regarding Apple and Blurb…can tgey co-exist as an option..?

Posted by
eatingheart
May 4, 2011 8:07pm PDT
eatingheart

Currently looking at ebook options…whats the best approach? Ibook option, Blurb or self published via web?

Posted by
eatingheart
May 5, 2011 9:34pm PDT
eatingheart

Hi Blurbites

I’ve been watching this topic, but it’s gone very quiet. As a freelance journalist who helps to create The Sunday Times app on the iPad, I’ll be very interested to see what else I can create. Any news, guys?

Will

Posted by
chiefsub68
Sep 25, 2011 1:27pm PDT
chiefsub68

I also have the $2M question: why iPad only?

There are tablets with Android as well, and people who bought them. I do realize it is a smaller market and iPad will always come first, but the same way Amazon is present on both platform, can we do the same for Blurb?

Posted by
mbilla
Oct 17, 2011 12:29pm PDT
mbilla

An Android app would be good.

Posted by
xiggy07
Oct 27, 2011 4:06pm PDT
xiggy07