General Interest

Self-published to the iBookstore, already selling around the world

Hey guys,
This is unrelated to Blurb, but I know a lot of folks here are also interested in ebooks, so sharing some news.

I just self-published a photobook to the iBookstore, it is now live and selling in all major markets around the world. Here’s a link to the book:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id432034564 (click the link on your iPad to launch it in iBooks)

This was a bit of an experiment for me, so I’ve priced it pretty low (priced more like an iPhone app than a paperbook book). The sales have been very encouraging, and the best part is I can easily update the price at anytime. I am releasing this exclusively on iPad (and iPhone) because the other ereaders lack the resolution, color or width to display my landscape photos.

Please take a look and consider purchasing it. I don’t think there are any other full-spread books available in the iBookstore yet, so this is pretty unique. I’ll hang around here and happy to answer any questions you guys may have.

-Mel

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sfomel
Apr 25, 2011 2:21pm PDT
sfomel

Mel, I have published a couple books traditionally and a few books here on Blurb. I am starting to shoot my next photobook. I would really like to do an ebook. Can you help me out with what program did you use to set up the book, and a few tips as I start. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Scooter

Posted by
Grubb
May 20, 2011 4:29pm PDT
Grubb

Hi Mel, A couple of quick questions…
Did you use In Design to derive the material for your book?.( would love to see it but I am in Italy and tbe Ibook store does not let me get in)
Did you have to change the format of your book to get it to work or was your Blurb based Pdf acceptable?
Thanks…

Posted by
eatingheart
May 31, 2011 9:45pm PDT
eatingheart

If Apple takes a 30% cut…how do you make any profit?

Posted by
IanStIan
Oct 23, 2011 7:54pm PDT
IanStIan

How can I add my book to the itunes book store like you did?

Posted by
justins24
Nov 6, 2011 1:03am PDT
justins24

Looks good Mel, I would like to do the same thing with my novel, how did you get it as a page right on the apple store?

Posted by
CoburnBooks
Nov 7, 2011 10:21am PDT
CoburnBooks

How long did it take Blurb to get your book in the ibookstore. Blurb invited me to submit a book to the ibookstore via them. They said it would take a week. Nearly 3 months later and it is still not ibookstore. Blurb keep telling me this is Apples fault and their time reviewing the book. What was oyur experience ?

Posted by
davidwootton
Feb 21, 2012 2:43am PDT
davidwootton

So OP has posted what amounts to an advert, then doesn’t have the courtesy to respond to any questions. Hmpf!

Posted by
jayhawk2000
Feb 25, 2012 8:12am PDT
jayhawk2000

iBooks Author is the solution. You can download this apps from Apple and create the book for Apple iBook store. Take a look at: www.apple.com/support/ibooksauthor/ and let us know your comments.

Posted by
PaulTCB
Jul 21, 2012 10:10pm PDT
PaulTCB