General Interest

My book doesn't preview?

Every time I try and turn on the book preview (all options) I get the error message “Invalid product options selected”… any advice?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
PAULPMD
Apr 29, 2011 9:25am PDT
PAULPMD

Same here !
same if I want to change the selling price…

weird if you ask me!

Posted by
ClarisBooks
Apr 29, 2011 1:43pm PDT
ClarisBooks

Hi PAULPMD and ClarisBooks,

We are aware of this issue (specifically  “Invalid product options selected”) and are hoping to have a fix out soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Apr 29, 2011 4:40pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

Can you sort this out ASAP? It’s preventing me from changing books from being private to public and vice versa.

Posted by
mishkahenner
May 1, 2011 3:52am PDT
mishkahenner

I also am not going to order my proof copy or change from private to public until this is done… I really need to see the preview first. Thanks for prioritizing this…

Posted by
artist861
May 1, 2011 10:51am PDT
artist861

Same problem here. Can’t set a book to public, or change anything else about it.

Posted by
Klementz
May 1, 2011 12:18pm PDT
Klementz

I am having the same problem with the preview .

Posted by
gordondcruz
May 1, 2011 5:30pm PDT
gordondcruz

Hi all,

Please remember that the online BookShow preview of your book is not an effective way of proofing your book prior to ordering. You will want to use either Preview mode (in BookSmart and Bookify) or this method for PDF to Book

-Craig

Posted by
csm
May 2, 2011 7:53am PDT
csm Icon_staff

Same for me. Not related to preview, but whenver trying to save uner "edit book settings".

Hoping for a quick fix, Mr Blurb !

chris

Posted by
bablaet
May 2, 2011 1:09pm PDT
bablaet

Hi all,

The issue of receiving the error message “Invalid product options selected" when changing your book settings should now be resolved. Please try again to change your settings if you were getting this message previously.

If you continue to have trouble please contact support and make sure to include the specific error message.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
May 2, 2011 2:27pm PDT
csm Icon_staff

“invalid product options”???!!!! REALLY? I spent countless hours preparing my book on your less-than-flawless, but potentially effective program, only to be denied selling it because of some quirky warning. How embarrassing. Now I can’t sell a single copy! Fix this, NOW!

Posted by
grendolon
Aug 7, 2011 4:17pm PDT
grendolon

Hi,

I’m getting the same error but only for books that I have upgraded the paper for. People can’t purchase my books that have been upgraded with the new paper.

Karen

Posted by
karenls
Aug 8, 2011 2:24am PDT
karenls

Hi grendolon and karenls,

If you haven’t already, please make sure to get in touch with customer support at http://blurb.custhelp.com/app/ask for help with any issues that you’re having!

Maggie

Posted by
maggiemight
Aug 8, 2011 11:59am PDT
maggiemight