Book Design and Imaging

Photo in a project at 72 ppi

Good morning (and sorry for my bad english ;=)

I have included images of 3500 pixels on the long side in a Smart Book project .
At the end I realized that the photos are set to 72 ppi (pixels per inch) but the resolution is appropriate for the containers.

Please tell me which is not a problem ….

thanks in advance

mau

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pisolomau
Jan 2, 2012 10:57am PDT
pisolomau

This is not a problem.

The 72 ppi is used by some printing programs to determine the size of the printout.  It is metadata that is ignored by BookSmart.  If your picture is 3500 pixels on the long side, Booksmart won’t even issues a warning unless the photo is placed in a container over 23 inches wide.

The only important things are the dimension of the image in pixels, and the dimension of the container in pixels.  You can see the container size in Booksmart by hovering the cursor over it until the container size appears.  Booksmart won’t issue a warning until an image is placed in a container that is more than twice the size of the image.

The numbers you see when hovering over a container are the number of pixels in each dimension required to fill the container at 300 ppi.  Booksmart issues a warning when the image is less than 150 ppi.  If you’re not getting the warning you should be good to go.

Mike

Posted by
Charybdis
Jan 2, 2012 2:54pm PDT
Charybdis

Thanks a lot Mike, you have been very kind, I understand, now I am quieter and I can send the book for printing ..

mau

Posted by
pisolomau
Jan 2, 2012 3:06pm PDT
pisolomau