Book Design and Imaging

Indesign Plugin - how to edit book after upload?

Hi.. used the plugin in for CS6 for the first time today – neat idea and saves time by not having to create 700MB PDF files for upload…

However, I did notice something strange.  After I uploaded the book using the plugin, I was presented a page where the book could be added to the cart.  However, there was not area for adding detail informaiton, changing the price, etc.  It looks like you are forced to just order the book before any details can be added?

I tried to locate the book in my books.. but unlike the normal PDF upload pathway, the book does not appear there until after it is ordered.  This makes it impossible for me to add details to the file and send the link to my clients for direct ordering.. am I missing something or can this be changed?  

I also am unable to add the preview option which I like to do before ordering as well to ensure it looks ok after upload…

Please allow the process to proceed like it would for a normal PDF upload.. Thx!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Jingothecat
Aug 1, 2012 6:46pm PDT
Jingothecat

never mind… guess it takes some time with the plugin to show up in the list… because after refreshing about 5 times and waiting 15 minutes – it appeared like it always does.  Guess I would still recommend providing the ability to enter the info right on the main screen when the upload is complete.

Posted by
Jingothecat
Aug 1, 2012 7:03pm PDT
Jingothecat